Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Senna Movie

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Senna Movie

Apparently it's out on Friday 3rd June in the UK. Who's going to see it?

If you do go and see the film or if you've seen it already please write your review on this thread!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I'm really looking forward to it, but not sure where it's being shown locally. I know for sure that a place in Bristol will have it but 160 miles round trip and two and a half hours in the car aren't exactly appealing.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Apparently it's out on Friday 3rd June in the UK. Who's going to see it?

If you do go and see the film or if you've seen it already please write your review on this thread!
    I can confirm that the Showcase Cinema in Bluewater is showing from Friday if anybody is in this neck of the woods.

https://www.movietickets.com/pre_pur...wdate=2&err=3b
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Oh great! Just posted on twitter was a link to this FB page SENNA Movie | Facebook

There's a screenings tab which says where it is and it's not actually nationwide until the 21st. For the rest of the time it's actually a fairly limited run :angry:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Oh great! Just posted on twitter was a link to this FB page SENNA Movie | Facebook

There's a screenings tab which says where it is and it's not actually nationwide until the 21st. For the rest of the time it's actually a fairly limited run :angry:
    Bath is quite accessible for you Barry isn't it? I mean the City, not the washing facility implement...!!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Yeah it's not exactly in every multiplex is it. That being said it's on at the Tyneside - which is well known in Newcastle for showing films other than your big blockbusters. I've been after going there for years and this weekend is looking good
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Bath is quite accessible for you Barry isn't it? I mean the City, not the washing facility implement...!!
    I can go there but it's not exactly accessible, takes about an hour and half or so with a bit more to allow for going up and down Cheddar Gorge a few times The main problem is cost, a return trip is probably £30 or so, which turns into an expensive trip to the cinema

I wasn't expecting every multiplex but at least thought that one of the 3 cinemas in Exeter would show it on release day, even if it was only one showing.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I got to see a preview screening TBH I was worried quite how they'd pieced it all together, esp as someone who grew up wathcing Senna in F1. However I can honestly say all F1 fans will like this film, whether you loved Ayrton, despised him or were ambivalent!

There's none of that awful "here's someone sitting in their library talking" sections...it's all footage, narrated at various points by colleagues, family etc. There's some new footage too, or at least stuff I hadn't seen and I believe there was also a hell of a lot of material left out that I hope makes it onto a DVD.

So the film. It doesn't tell you anything you probably don't already know. But that is also it's strength - it is not a biographical F1 film in anyway, but merely a study of an incredibly interesting human being, who happened to be an F1 driver. Really what it presents is that there was this hugely talented man named Ayrton was never black or white, but all shades of grey. He had moments of greatness but he also had flaws.

I would say one minor quibble would be Prost does not come out of it looking that good, it did seem a little unbalanced in that respect - not sure if that was all down to editing or perhaps Alain's unwilligness to speak more? Be interesting to hear his reactions to the film.

However that aside there are some stand-out moments...the prophetic Prost "his problem is he thinks he can't kill himself" interview, Senna's "someone will die at this corner".

The beauty of it though was showing this conflicted man - a driver with no qualms about hitting Prost at high speed while also beign a driving force for the GPDA to be re-instated. A man who would show no remorse on a track, yet the car he died in contained an unfurled Austrian flag he intended to wave at the end of the GP in remberance of Roland.

Overall it's a great film with some absolutely stunning in car footage that on a Cinema screen is utterly mesmerising.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    However that aside there are some stand-out moments...the prophetic Prost "his problem is he thinks he can't kill himself" interview, Senna's "someone will die at this corner".

The beauty of it though was showing this conflicted man - a driver with no qualms about hitting Prost at high speed while also beign a driving force for the GPDA to be re-instated. A man who would show no remorse on a track, yet the car he died in contained an unfurled Austrian flag he intended to wave at the end of the GP in remberance of Roland.

Overall it's a great film with some absolutely stunning in car footage that on a Cinema screen is utterly mesmerising.
    Made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts
    I hope this movie is factually accurate and enjoyable and not a Hollywood style attempt to cash in on the life of Senna.
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.