Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitnrun
    the only answer I can come up with is that internet forums would be devoid of activity if it was not for misinformed opinionated trolls (look at their post counts, always at least triple that of the intelligent reasoned members in a fraction of the time) and so they are essential for the forums continued existence.
    no trolls no forum, simple as, sad but true.
    This fact may be true but I see one flaw with your statement... the laughable irony is that this is only your 3 post on the forum and yet all 3 of your posts have been to attack other posters.

It would appear that not all trolls have high post counts after all.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S
    This fact may be true but I see one flaw with your statement... the laughable irony is that this is only your 3 post on the forum and yet all 3 of your posts have been to attack other posters.

I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper_S

A bit ironic as well might be that it seems you're not recognizing that this poster just might have been here before .

You , yourself seem not to fit the mould of which he speaks , with only 429 posts since early 2009 .

The name "hitnrun" might have been a little clue , too .

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    A bit ironic as well might be that it seems you're not recognizing that this poster just might have been here before .
    The name "hitnrun" might have been a little clue , too .
    I did consider it a possibility of course but only admin would know for certain.

You , yourself seem not to fit the mould of which he speaks , with only 429 posts since early 2009 .
    I like the inference, I have other interests that divert my attention away...

Unfortunatly part of the problem with the troll tag is that it is subjetive to our own opinions... such is life

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm sorry, I've forgotten what this post was about? It seems to have drifted from Hamilton to Schumacher to Senna to petty jabs back and forth...
    "You can mop the blood up later." - R.A. Lafferty

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Yes and the risk is that if you don't make the move stick and take the other guy out, that you get penalised.
    Not everything is black and white. Ever heard of a racing incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Couldn't agree more. Sadly some people seem to idolise him to the point of trying to excuse his every action and find a reason why it's someone elses fault. Then we have spurious reasoning like the fact that Schumacher didn't want to be part of Hamilton's accident and let him through, therefore Maldonado is obliged to do the same.

If you speak out against Hamilton you're a hater, you can't win
    Oh but I do have a problem with LH and that he should exert a level of pragmatism in the final third of the season when leading WDC.

Apart from the pass on Massa at Loews, the other moves were certainly aggressive but racing incidents. Maldonado collision looked blatantly LH's fault byt after having a chance to review it myself the penalty was harsh but you could see it coming.

Of course his post-race comments didn't help and was better left in a private conversation but it wasn't as if he was punting cars left, right and centre.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lets face it. Monte Carlo is a Mickey Mouse circuit and Lewis had his race compromised before it began. This left him out of position and frustrated. It was obvious he had to tray and make something happen.

The hairpin is always going to be a accident unless the driver getting passed avoids it. Lewis and Nico avoided the accident but others didn't and were not obliged to.

The post race comments were probably borne out of this frustration and were ill advised but no big deal.

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    F1 : Todt considered banning Hamilton after racial joke
    Jean Todt has admitted he considered banning Lewis Hamilton for six races after the McLaren driver's racial joke two weeks ago in Monaco.Enraged at having yet more penalties imposed by the stewards during the race weekend, Briton Hamilton - the 2008 world champion - joked that "Maybe it's because I'm black".Fearing a disrepute charge, the 26-year-old returned to the street circuit late on Sunday to apologise to the FIA, and made a further apology in writing."Lewis wrote to me and I wrote to him," FIA president Todt told British newspapers including the Guardian."I did not advertise it. It's between him and the FIA. I could have asked our judicial court to address the problem. We never officially opened the case."Maybe it would have been a better decision to put him to the court. To ban him for six grands prix.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    WTF? I would have liked to see Lewis banned for a race for his poor driving, but I don't feel he needs any penalty for having a poor sense of humour......
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Bahrain on and off and on and off; 21 races becoming 20; and now this. Todt's lost it.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u