Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they were saying in LMP2 was extremely trouble some with GT cars, because they use a GT2 engine, they couldn't pull the speed on the straights that much more and had to have the downforce advantage in the corners, hense the more aggressive driving.

as for several incidents, McNish was more to blame for his wreck as he was alittle overanxious, but it was a bang-bang play, much like Lotterer passing the Peugeot while passing a slower LMP car in the Porsche Curves.

Kaufmann left his left lane and squeezed Rocky, Rocky was already at full speed and wasnt expecting the Ferrari to switch lanes like that.

what Ant did wasn't wrong, its just poor drivermanship. the fight was between Peugeot #9 and Audi #2, Ant was 4 laps down and had no reason to fight with Lotterer in the final 3 hours because he wasnt gonna gain 4 laps back, it would've been a major shame if he did actually hit Lotterer, but he didnt. I think Gene or someone else in the #8 pulled the same crap with about 1-2 hours left also, but luckly Bourdais was driving the #9 and he was still losing time to #2
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Very civilised and thoughtful discussion even though the gist is fingers are still pointed at Pug's direction.

Hindy's still not happy about Ant. Ant tweeted he enjoyed playing with Audis and then took them down! Wonder if Ant will turn up at the next F1 GP for 5Live and face the Inquisition?

Racing drivers are supposed to race and that means pushing the envelope of machinery, rules and conduct.

In F1 Senna made arrogantly suicidal moves on backmarkers eg. 1988 Italian GP - Berger was catching Senna and Senna tried to make the difference on the chicanes and backmarkers but crashed into Schlesser; 1990 Brazillian GP - Prost was catching Senna and Senna stupidly tried a dive bomb when lapping Nakajima

Passing traffic is essential but in endurance racing (and categories across in North America) the blue flag (or similar) does not mean move out of the way else you'll be penalised.

Diesels are now smaller capacity, less HP and torque than previously used to so getting up to speed will be different, not to mention a close battle with rival. Thus you'll want to gain any vantage possible - traffic being one of them.
    Strange, McNish said that he didn't see the car? Now he seems to suggest that he did?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Racing drivers are supposed to race and that means pushing the envelope of machinery, rules and conduct.

In F1 Senna made arrogantly suicidal moves on backmarkers eg. 1988 Italian GP - Berger was catching Senna and Senna tried to make the difference on the chicanes and backmarkers but crashed into Schlesser; 1990 Brazillian GP - Prost was catching Senna and Senna stupidly tried a dive bomb when lapping Nakajima

Passing traffic is essential but in endurance racing (and categories across in North America) the blue flag (or similar) does not mean move out of the way else you'll be penalised.

Diesels are now smaller capacity, less HP and torque than previously used to so getting up to speed will be different, not to mention a close battle with rival. Thus you'll want to gain any vantage possible - traffic being one of them.
    Of course, all of that is beyond doubt, and I agree very much. However, I'm uncertain as to what you're getting at in one respect. Do you not agree that for drivers to blame the slowing-down of the cars for the increased amounts of contact, as opposed to taking responsibility for their own actions within the shifted performance parameters, is an unnecessary shift of said blame?

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Of course, all of that is beyond doubt, and I agree very much. However, I'm uncertain as to what you're getting at in one respect. Do you not agree that for drivers to blame the slowing-down of the cars for the increased amounts of contact, as opposed to taking responsibility for their own actions within the shifted performance parameters, is an unnecessary shift of said blame?
    It's easy to point to the latter but it's a different story when drivers are under pressure.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I also like endurance for the reason of taking pics without stress. Still I love the cars, that has always been what has drawn me too the series. It started with the 917 way back in 1970 and hasn't changed. Unlike some series in the u.s you know when you see a car that is a porsche , ferrari, audi, bmw etc. all that is just what you are seeing . ALMS should bring back their old slogan "The Cars Are The Stars". That said it all.