Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Numbers & letters (A1, A2, A3; 1 series, 3 series, 5 series; et al) are a cop out!
    At least they make sense. With a 318i you know it's a mid-sized car with a 1.8l engine, with a 728 you know it's a large car with a 2.8 etc.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    At least they make sense. With a 318i you know it's a mid-sized car with a 1.8l engine, with a 728 you know it's a large car with a 2.8 etc.
    What about a Saab 95 or a Mini One?
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Not always true tho is it. I believe BMW used 316 for a time, but unless I'm wrong it had a 1.8 under the hood.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know what you mean about meaningless car names. Well, they'r meaningless to us but, to some marketing "geniuses" -- and possibly a handful of people in "focus groups." Then they add to it by adding extra letters after the names.

What was the e-mail circulating around a few years ago? DX = "Dealer Exaggerated." DL = "Dealer Lied."

@Rudy -- Does that mean your wife's Suzuki is big enough for 4 people to,.... Oh yeah, this is a car, right? I'm still more used to associating Suzuki with motorcycles.
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    Not always true tho is it. I believe BMW used 316 for a time, but unless I'm wrong it had a 1.8 under the hood.
    And the 318 of that vintage had a 2.0 engine. Personally I like models with numbers In fact I've never owned a car with a name!

I've owned a Fiat 131, Peugeot 504, Peugeot 406 and a Fiat 500
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be interesting to compare the names manufacturers give their cars with the ones that people who drive them actually call them. Of course, many of them probably wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billiaml
    It would be interesting to compare the names manufacturers give their cars with the ones that people who drive them actually call them. Of course, many of them probably wouldn't be appropriate for this forum.
    I normally name my cars based on the first letter of the name given to it by the manufactures. So for example I currently have Maddie Mito, and previously owned Charlie the Citroen, Matilda the Micra, Freddie the Focus and so on.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz
    Just a Monday morning rant. When I was going to work I spotted a van named Opel Sintra. For some reason it started a storm of negativity inside of me. What the hell does this word "sintra" mean?
    It's a town in Portugal I believe.

Most Japanese domestic market vehicles have strange names. The Nissan Cedric for example. That's like calling a car the Vauxhall Keith.
    You lot still here?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    People on a Motorsport forum not knowing about Sintra - it's quite infamous. 1986 Rallye Portugal.....RS200 Joaquim Santos...

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Seat has the best names. (Almost) all named after places in Spain: Ibiza, Leon, Cordoba, Toledo and so on.