Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,065 of 1065
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    as far as i know the reason was that corsica was to expensive for the teams, because its on a island and that the organizers ran out of money. i also dont like the alsace wrc rallye so mutch, i would like to have the rallye alsace vosges as french championchip again, was always nice. and the wrc rallye somewhere else, but defenetly not on corsica. it´s just too expensive(also for spectators, i wouldnt go there then) and too far away. maybe some rallye like mont blanc witch have quite challenging roads...or du var put together with vaucluse as a mixed rallye. two day on tarmac in du var region and one on gravel in the vaucluse region. rallye headquarter in marseille then. or rallye langres mixed with lyon charbonierre...or only on gravel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    shure sardinia is expensive too, thats why it was also on the list of rallye´s that could dissapear soon from the wrc calendar.

du var is based at st maxime, vaucluse somewhere around orange, thats about 200 km. marseille is somewhere in the middle.

for langres and lyon its 250km, thats right.

morzine (mt. blanc) and valence are about 300 km from eatch other, to monte carlo its about 500km. but they didnt care about rallye germany and rallye de france only being 200 km from eatch other, so that shouldnt be the problem.

and at other wrc events you even have more distance from hq to the stages, have a look at rallye gb this year for example. the great orme stage from day one is about 270 km away from the rallye hq in cardiff! the nearest stages like crychan are still about 100 km to drive...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Smokescreen - Corsica and Sardinia are very much less expensive for EUROPEAN-BASED teams than single event journeys to Argentina, Mexico, Australia or NZ. IRC soon stepped in to both islands when WRC decided to go elsewhere!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    shure it´s cheaper then south america or australia, but staying on the continent is still cheaper. madeira for example also has dissapeared from the irc calendar now and so did the oversea rallyes like brasil, witch no one cared about.

if the italian wrc rallye would not be on a island for example, i would go there too, because i could easily reach it with my car, without extra costs for ferrys. same was for french wrc rallye...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Sardinia was cheap to fly and car hire. Coming from UK I wouldn't think of driving more than 1 day distance. Can't believe the Scandinavians all drove to Sardinia, though the Czechs probably did as they don't seem to have to work! Fly -drive to Ireland is cheaper than ferries too, that's what I did in 07 & 09
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!