Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    Banshee74, Noticed in the earlier section of TV coverage that Michael was thinking like a team owner and suggesting to Marco that they pull his time and go set a new one. It was Marco and the TV announce crew that disagreed with Michael. We will likely never know but could Michael have been thinking like you suggest? I think so but his son was too selfish to think like a team mate. IMO.
    There's a sickness in Andretti. On Saturday, they interviewed Marco after his lousy run, and he was as usual his dour, pissy self. Then RHR did the same. But what I thought was interesting is when, at the end of the day, they interviewed Michael, and he did the same! Just very "we don't know what to do" and "this sucks."

This guy is the owner, and a former driver? What an absolute lack of leadership qualities! The owner should have been more "We don't know, but we'll work hard and lick the problem! Just you wait!" What a poor example for his drivers - his son is already jaded and arrogant at 24, and Golden Boy RHR is absorbing that attitude as well now. Danica has always been that way - I hope Conway makes it out before Andretti kills his soul too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dataman1
    I heard from Jenkins and from local Indy radio the same thing (which didn't happen) "Can you imagine an Indy 500 without Danica?" So I would like to hear your thoughts on the topic. My point of view is that being the 100th Indy the media would still be there to cover the race so without Danica other drivers would likely get more coverage. To me that is a good thing.

What are your thoughts?
    I think it would be great. The coverage of her drives me crazy - she's not that good, and as noted above, if you need to concentrate on genitals, then there's one with girl parts that drives hard and well - Simona. I have always wondered why she's not getting the press that Danica is - I can only imagine it's her preference for a helmet instead of a bikini.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sateryn76
    There's a sickness in Andretti. On Saturday, they interviewed Marco after his lousy run, and he was as usual his dour, pissy self. Then RHR did the same. But what I thought was interesting is when, at the end of the day, they interviewed Michael, and he did the same! Just very "we don't know what to do" and "this sucks."

This guy is the owner, and a former driver? What an absolute lack of leadership qualities! The owner should have been more "We don't know, but we'll work hard and lick the problem! Just you wait!" What a poor example for his drivers - his son is already jaded and arrogant at 24, and Golden Boy RHR is absorbing that attitude as well now. Danica has always been that way - I hope Conway makes it out before Andretti kills his soul too.
    Michael has never been that type of person and he did have good ol dad around for quite a while during the successful parts of his carreer. Where's his engineering staff??? There should be zero mystery to these cars by now. Maybe someone wants the little guys to succeed this year at Indy to boost Sponsorship opportunities. Ther seems to be an awful lot of small teams and one offs making the top half of the field.

conspiracy alert.....
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am thinking the AA issues show how weak the driver line-up is in terms of ability to set up and that communication between drivers and staff must be pretty poor...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    I am thinking the AA issues show how weak the driver line-up is in terms of ability to set up and that communication between drivers and staff must be pretty poor...
    I think they miss Tony Kanaan more than they are willing to admit. He qualified easily in what was probably lesser equipment. He was the master of the setup. With him gone, they all struggled. Oh well, money still talks in Indycar...

BZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    really hoping The Princess would've failed to qualify that would've made alot of people's day. and it wouldve made for a much better 500, now we have to get the Danica update every 5 laps to see that shes still in 27th but still in the hunt.

great to see Pippa make it in, she was one of the few drivers to be actually excited to make the field, something every driver should be, since there are no guarantees.

I hope I'm not the only one that truely wants to see Ed win the race with Sarah Fisher Racing. they seem to be throwing everything at this event and it would just be awesome if they can pull it off.

all I can say is go Ed, Tags, Servia. the 3 guys with prolly the best shot to dethrone the Ganassi/Penske combo. cant wait for next Sunday
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    there's a certain irony to being sponsored by dhl and then failing to deliver.
    lol!
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AA = Andretti Autosport? Alcoholics Anonymous? Alcoholics Autosport?
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
    Mario was on Vs. Saturday at the end of the day, and said that the team had fixed the problem, which was due to a "Center of Pressure" issue. I think that's the relationship between force at the front and back of the car. Does that mean something like the driver thinks more downforce is needed, but the techs are not complying or disagreeing? If so, then Papa Michael needs to get that in hand.

Or, maybe the drivers are so bad at communication in general that the techs disregard them or even avoid them if possible. TK may have done well because he's such a nice guy, and willing to look at all aspects of his race, including his own performance.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you imagine that the force created by the pressure difference from the aerodynamic surfaces acted at a single point, then that is the centre of pressure.

Maybe their aero balance is wrong. Too much front wing and not enough rear, or vice versa.