Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wink BTCC Regs change

2. The minimum weight for all S2000 NA RWD cars is reduced by 10kgs to 1140kgs

3. Regulation 5.2.21.1 is suspended; the first gear ratio for S2000 NA RWD cars is now free.

This should help make the BMWs more competitive, the weight restriction is even less for fwd but that will induce more wheel spin at the start. The turbo restriction has been suspended but it there to be used instantly if required. A great way to do equalisation. Be interesting to hear Jason's pov!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You'll have to wait until after the first race at Oulton! If Plato doesn't win i'm sure he'll still have a whinge! And if he does win, he'll probably whinge anyway!

Think adjusting weight is probably a better way to equalize things rather than messing with the boost pressure! The same reduction in boost can affect different cars power / torque output very differently, which is unfair to those who's turbo engines aren't as efficient! Only thing is, it's gona make the difference in tyre wear between the Turbos and NAs (and RWDs) even larger than it already is!

The NAs are gona be in a strong position second half of the race so as long as Plato doesn't bin it by driving too hard "trying to keep up with the stupid turbos" i'm sure he'll be at the sharp end come the end of the race! (As I'm sure he would have been anyway without these new amendments!)

It'll be interesting to see what effect these latest revisions actually make come next weekend!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Additionally:

"4. All registered cars running to Championship Regulation 5.2.23 are required to compete with a maximum boost pressure 0.05 bar lower than that permitted for each car on the TOCA Performance Monitoring Device at Rounds 7,8 & 9 (Thruxton). However the introduction of this revised boost limit remains suspended; the Administrator reserves the right to promptly implement this during the course of an event, if/when deemed required, given that the 24hr notice period provided-for in the regulations has now been communicated."

Suggests taht TOCA acknowledge they have to make the best of a bad situation. Although 0.05 bar is very, very small.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suppose the 'suspended sentence' for the turbos is a bit of a silver lining! Hopefully they wont have to use it! The only worry i've got is that Chevy are just having a slow start to the season (like last year) and if TOCA keep hindering the Turbos and Chevy pull their finger out, the tables will turn very quickly! Just hope TOCA have the balls to de-restrict the Turbos if Chevy start dominating!

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    It seems TOCA agreed with the points put forward by Jason and myself in the other thread. Not surprising really given it was clear from the data there was a disparity. It will be interesting to see how the balance of performance will be between the two types of cars.

I know there is a lot of hatred towards Plato, but if its any consolation, this rule change should now mean that Paul O'Neill & Rob Collard can compete up at the front with their Techspeed Chevrolets & WSR BMWs, rather than struggling to even make it into the top 10.

Hopefully we're in for a good weekend at Oulton. I bet a turbo is still on pole!!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To be honest, 25kg isn't that much and the fact that the 0.05 bar reduction hasn't actually been enforced yet suggests the data between the Ts and NAs must have been pretty close already! Think it's more of a 'Look! We're doing our bit' from TOCA than anything else!

The biggest change is the 1st gear ratio for the RWDs! But if anyone needed a hand it was the Beemers (And Rob Austin, of course! Not sure if he had the 1st gear restriction being a new NGTC though...)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    not sure this will work as its the straights the n/a cars have the problems not the corners.

pretty silly if you ask me but glad the bmws first gear ratio has been lifted. oulton park will be interesting thats for sure.
    Rickard Rydell 2011 STCC CHAMPION!!! :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The problem is that the turbo cars have the main advantage under acceleration, overall straight line speed is very similar to the N/A cars and the N/A's are probably a bit better through the corners. This means that the N/A cars can't use their advantage because the Turbo cars can just sit on the apex of the corners and accelerate down the straights to get away. Its not overall pace thats the problem, its the fact that the N/A cars just can't get past the Turbos.
    Please ignore ALL of the above....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    Hopefully we're in for a good weekend at Oulton. I bet a turbo is still on pole!!
    And I bet it will have a Honda badge on the front!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It still won't stop Plato whingeing.
    Yer comes number one, goin' in the can, or down the pan, or in the pot, or whatever they say in recordin' terminology