Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat
    This is free of charge, specialy for Quesnel's lamers.
    Quesnels lamers? How many wins and titles do these lamers have and how many do Malcolms never was and can opener have to their names?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtimad73
    wouldnt it make more sense to let the lower class's run first i.e s2000 and so on. then all the wrc guy get a good go of it. i dont think reverse order is fair to the lower drivers. loeb and co would always get a good run at it..
    I believe this would be the best solution. To let the SWRC or PWRC cars run just before the WRC cars. This way all WRC pilots would have similar conditions. SWRC or PWRC drivers could run in reverse order or in random order.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Oh dear, this again, and yet again it seems another half baked idea.
    Is the WRC the Pinnacle of Rallying? Is it meant to be a serious Motorsport?
    Right then, no gimmicks, no lottery, no punishing the leader of the Championship..... If a certain drivers keeps winning, TOUGH!! deal with it, try and beat him fair and square, not because of a ridiculous road order.

Let the Championship leader pick his position for the first day; then the leader at the end of day 1,2,3, etc picks his position. Voila....simples!

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    The reverse starting order in the beginning of the season, even for the top 10, wouldn’t be complete because e.g. of the top 10 in Sweden only 6 of them started in Mexico.

The SWRC and PWRC drivers are also fighting for a championship so IMO they should also have as equal conditions as possible. And furthermore SWRC and PWRC aren’t in every rally so putting them first on the stages isn’t IMO a solution.

A reverse starting order by the seeded starting list could be a solution but then there could be a situation when the leader of SWRC or PWRC is the 10th or 15th and the second in the championship is 11th or 16th. This would give the second in the championship huge advantage.

In general I’m in favour of some kind of reverse starting order, also in rallies where’s not needed, because by my experience it’s nicer to watch when its getting better and better all time than the best are first and then its getting slower and slower. The first ones acts as a warm ups.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    What about the dust factor on some gravel rallies if there are conditions with no wind ? A championship leader starting 10th on the road could be disadvantaged compared to if they could have started first on the road.
    Sandy stages are another terrain where the leading team starting 10th could be disadvantaged compared to earlier runners not having the sand cut up so much.

I suggest 10,9,8,7,6 then 1,2,3,4,5. Might need to be a larger time gap between 6 and 1 so 1 does not catch 6 on longer stages with dust.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Right then, no gimmicks, no lottery, no punishing the leader of the Championship..... If a certain drivers keeps winning, TOUGH!! deal with it, try and beat him fair and square, not because of a ridiculous road order.
    I completely agree. This has always been, if not a problem, then an issue. For years and years, drivers have been dropping back at the end of a day in order to avoid running first on the road the next day.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just balance the calendar so that we have a diversity of conditions so that the running order isn't the advantage it currently is. Fast gravel like Poland and Finland, and asphalt events ought to favour drivers running according to the current system. If at least half of the calendar is made of those events and the rest made of 'normal' gravel events, there should be no complaints.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Karukera
    By the way, gloomyday, what's your take on it ?
    Leave it the way it is! I liked the reverse running order, but now I think that the current rules levels out the playing field and allows for closer competition. I was against the change in 2008, but I've warmed up to the system and it works well for me.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC

Let the Championship leader pick his position for the first day; then the leader at the end of day 1,2,3, etc picks his position. Voila....simples!
    +1
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Why did they change the old system with reverse order on the first 15, or has that been forgotten already ?