Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hornet
    ETA The Danica way ahead of PT. Who would've thunk it. Did she drive a great race or just not crash?
    She waited for 6 or 7 better cars to run into one another or drop out and got to the finish in 7th. She probably should have come home about 13th.

I guess those Andretti cars aren't so crappy, huh? In the past year, Hunter-Reay, Kanaan and now Conway have all won races. When is Patrick and Michael's kid going to join the party?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not the biggest PT fan, BUT fair is fair - so why did PT get a penalty for turning Simona, yet Helio gets nothing for hitting Wilson in the same spot? Then Helio plows into his team mate. Would love to be a fly on the wall for the next Penske team meeting.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hinch 4th! Nice job NH and EE!
    Green, Green, Green!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back! Now on to Brazil for a podium finish.
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Poster Boy.

Only HELIO gets away with stuff like that. He is the poster boy. How many times has he done that in the past?
    roadking

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A good race today and congrats to Conway for a fine first win. He's a better driver than I had given him credit for. LB had some good racing today and it made me miss being able to be there. My last was '05 before I moved back east and this was the first time since that I really wished I was there.

The down side was the formation at the start. And the restarts, for that matter. If the start today isn't a good argument for standing starts at tracks like this, then I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by woody2goody
    By the way, Servia's 360 and re-joining of the field was one of the niftiest (and craziest) things I've seen on a race track
    Yes it was. His timing was both impeccable and extremely lucky. I remember PT doing a similar thing in Champ Car a couple of years back, except his timing wasn't nearly as good or lucky as he took out Tags when he rejoined the track. That was amazing how Servia slotted back into traffic. Gilles Villeneuve would have been proud of that car control.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back! Now on to Brazil for a podium finish.
    For once DF, I will agree with you - at least the first 2 sentences. It was quite a mess at the end and Danica ran a good race. The strategy to use the blacks in the first segment and reds the rest of the way was a very good one.
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ykiki
    I'm not the biggest PT fan, BUT fair is fair - so why did PT get a penalty for turning Simona, yet Helio gets nothing for hitting Wilson in the same spot? Then Helio plows into his team mate. Would love to be a fly on the wall for the next Penske team meeting.
    I didn't see them both but the boys in the booth said they were identical incidents. Wilson's a very sporting and polite Brit -- he probably told race control it was his fault.

Mario, Michael and now Marco have all scared the crap out of a whole whack of people in the pits at Long Beach. The tradition continues.

Havoc on the restarts was certainly going to play a role at some point and Helio's apologised... so it's all good. IMHO, Indycar has been somewhat fortunate, especially here, thus far with double-sided restarts but a place like Toronto could be a big headache. Finishers in the single digits?

The race was a parade at the beginning but became more interesting towards the end, as most races do. Great to see some new blood at the front -- Conway, Hinchliffe. Awesome recovery by Servia... and I use the word awesome sparingly!

Awesome to see a large field at Long Beach again.

Oh... and awesome race day updates in the thread Hoop. Seriously, thanks.
    Who, What, When, Where, Why -- http://champcarstats.com/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    What a cluster mess at the end. Danica ran a great race, good finish for her from starting so far back!
    Yep. Some people owe you an apology.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Was I the only one who thought micheal was disrespectfull and out to lunch when asked about Conway? Twice!

I'm not convinced he even knew who the sponsor was
    Sarah Fisher..... Team owner of a future Indy500 winning car!