Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MotoGP 2012

Yeah, I know that 2011 has just got under way and there's still plenty of excitement left for this year before jumping into next season but Ducati have just started the testing of their new 2012 1,000cc MotoGP challengers. The test riders had first crack at it, then Rossi and finally Hayden.

[youtube]2K2VU89JcFg[/youtube]

Valentino Rossi:
    “I’m happy,” said Valentino Rossi after the test. “I like the GP12. In my opinion, it’s more enjoyable, more fun to ride. It was the first time we had it on the track, so we had some work to do, but the engine is nicer. It’s a lot of fun, and you can do some nice slides. It’s the bike we’ll ride next year, so it was very important—and also very nice—to be among the first to take it on the track.”
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Germany might get another location for the 2012 MotoGP.. According to the German newspaper 'De Bild', does Dorna want to earn 4 million for a new contract, where the 'old' contract was 2..

Sachsenring's the only real motorbike track in Germany, so I hope it'll stay there
    RIP Marco Simoncelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMaster

Valentino Rossi:
    “I’m happy,” said Valentino Rossi after the test. “I like the GP12. In my opinion, it’s more enjoyable, more fun to ride. It was the first time we had it on the track, so we had some work to do, but the engine is nicer. It’s a lot of fun, and you can do some nice slides. It’s the bike we’ll ride next year, so it was very important—and also very nice—to be among the first to take it on the track.”
    Thanks for this update, there might be some changes on chassis that compromise the power to give riders more room to ride with enough maneuver when cornering. It looks on current bike he is a bit struggling. They still can do development in this ongoing season to be more competitive in the remaining races, opportunity is still a wide-open. However, such early period of shakedown testing would give more advantages, more alerts before the bike declared fit for racing. This GP12 could be a maiden voyage.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honda unveiled their 2012 weapon at Jerez after the recent round of MotoGP at Le Mans. Stoner was the first of Honda's riders to test the new bike with Pedrosa unable to attend due to injury (and Dovi couldn't ride due to not being a 2012 signed rider apparently).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJOP...layer_embedded

CASEY STONER
    "Everything has gone very well, very positive. It's just nice to ride the 1000cc again, to feel the engine and the power. I had a lot of fun, I enjoyed the first day because everything we've tried seems to be working, so no complaints. The biggest disappointment is that Dani is not going be here to test as he is important to the development of this bike. I hope that soon HRC can get his input as well because we need as much data as possible, in order to be ready for next season. We didn't focus on anything special today, just tried to understand what the bike is doing, how it reacts on the brakes and things like that, also considering some the issues we have with the 800cc right now. The braking point seems to be stronger, stability in the front going into the corner seems to be very good, and of course we want to understand how the power delivery is, and it is very smooth so no problem . In general, we haven't changed too much from the set up we have on the 800cc right now and the feeling is very similar, so it's pretty good".
    Get off my lawn

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    autosport.com - MotoGP News: Six Moto2 teams granted MotoGP entries

Six leading Moto2 teams have been granted places on the MotoGP grid for 2012, when the premier category switches to its new technical regulations.

Kiefer Racing, which currently leads the Moto2 standings with Stefan Bradl, BQR/Blusens, Forward Racing, Marc VDS Racing, Interwetten Paddock GP and the Speed Master team set up around Andrea Iannone this year will all have the opportunity to run one bike in MotoGP from next year under the less restricted 'Claiming Rule Teams' system being introduced as part of the switch from 800cc to 1000cc engines.

The FIM has not yet announced the list of new chassis and engine manufacturers that will be joining the field as part of the move to 1000cc and CRT, amid suggestions that the likes of Aprilia, Norton, Kawasaki and BMW will have a presence.
    Sounds good, the numbers in MotoGP are way too low especially when riders get injured.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Bring back ROC Yamaha...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gids73
    Bring back ROC Yamaha...
    ...or Elf Honda! I always liked the MuZ bike, epic motor and wobbly frame.
    Get off my lawn

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mugello 2012

Does anyone have any clue when this race is suppose to take place??? I'm trying to book a trip to surprise my husband for x-mas and some dates would be nice :-/.... any HELP would be GREAT!!!!
    ANYBODY!! PLEASE!!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dear wife,

10 points for being so thoughtful or for being so crafty if you just wanted to get rid of him for a few days.

The event was held in the first weekend in July this year but event dates are not normally approved by the FIM until +- late November.

The operators of the track would be the best bet at this stage. Mugello ticket office is accessed via the following link .. L'autodromo del Mugello so I suggest you e-mail and ask them about whether they have applied for a particular date.

Another alternative would be to check with the airlines and see whether they have vouchers available for flexible flight dates.

That's about the best I can do for you at this stage.

Now get back in the kitchen hock:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wife of MotoGP Guy
    Does anyone have any clue when this race is suppose to take place??? I'm trying to book a trip to surprise my husband for x-mas and some dates would be nice :-/.... any HELP would be GREAT!!!!
    ANYBODY!! PLEASE!!!!
    As Rod said, there is no 2012 calendar as yet and it won't be released until later in the year. History of the last 5 years shows Mugello held in late May or early June until this year when it was early July. Either give him a 'voucher' and organise his present later or you'll just have to hang on a bit longer until details are forthcoming. It's a great event and will be an awesome present for him, I'm not half jealous!
    Get off my lawn