Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MotoGP 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks so much guys!!

I'll check it out and let you know what I find.... appreciate all the suggestions! Fingers crossed!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The trip would be for the both of us... it is in Tuscany after all ;-) and of course I enjoy the races myself! What kind of wife would I be if I didn't take an interest in the one sport my husband is interested in :-)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    On the CRT team front, Colin Edwards today announced he'll be with Forward Racing in MotoGP next year, with probably a Yamaha R1 engine and a chassis to be confirmed (he wants Tech 3 to build one). I know the purists hate the idea, but this is where we're going with full prototypes having got too expensive (electronics in particular) - we need to do this to save MotoGP from extinction, basically (a bit like introducing Moto2 as a single-engine series to ensure survival of the middle class, although I have it on good authority they'll be going multi-engine in 2013).

So: we also have CRT entries for Kiefer (surely a Kalex chassis, and surely Stefan Bradl), Blusens (the last rumour I heard was FTR-Kawasaki, no idea on rider), Marc VDS with a Suter-BMW for either Mika or Scott probably, then Interwetten with something for Thomas Luthi (Moriwaki-Honda, anyone?) and Speed Master getting Andrea Iannone onto the grid on something.

Exciting - and different - times ahead for MotoGP.
    "Of course, what many people tend to forget is that Glen Richards was 2nd in the 1993 Australian 125cc championship" - Jack Burnicle on BSB at Snetterton, June 2008

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    PLease God let Marques get on the GP grid, if only to make Moto2 mre interesting as right now you might as well give him the trophy and run the race for second as a GP its that predictable
    The mighty Imps will rule the world
    http://bikeracenews.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by patnicholls
    On the CRT team front, Colin Edwards today announced he'll be with Forward Racing in MotoGP next year, with probably a Yamaha R1 engine and a chassis to be confirmed (he wants Tech 3 to build one).
    Can someone explain the term CRT means? Heard the term at Indy and just before this afternoon race.

Anyway good luck to Edwards at Forward Racing (old Hayate Racing Team who raced Kawasaki in 09) for next season.
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I found it "Claiming Rule Teams"?! don' worry I know the rules. just the term that got me confused.
    GP2 Pickems Champion 2006, MotoGP Pickems Champion 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dear all, I'm on a similar hunt for 2012 schedule info for Catalunya as I'm trying to plan/book trip to next years gp there. As Rod indicates, the ticket office is a good bet. I was able to get on the email list for the t/o at Catalunya so will get an early crack at non-repeat tickets there. You could also check with local hotels to see if the repeats are booking rooms yet. Could be some on the ground intel. As to flights, that's another story.