Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    4 paragraphs and not point....i have seen worse...

The bad thing about wilson is that he is persistent....at least all the failures of the past like warmbold,rautenbach,companq ects knew when to stop.....he is a disgrace for the sport.
    It's not good to talk about our friend that way.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt
    Matt Wilson is neither a "disgrace to the WRC" nor is it our position to determine that the cost of his programme is a waste of money. That is for those providing the funding to determine and, given it's longevity to date, it would seem they consider it money well spent.
    Agreed.
    What I don't like about Wilson though, is how he's been portrayed as a future Champion, when clearly he's a bit down on talent compared with his own dad and granddad. He claims to be learning, but as far as I know he's been brought up racing most things on wheels since an early age?
    Future Champion, according to Crash.net

If he was honest about being in rally because he loves it, it honestly wouldn't bother me much. One of my favorite drivers is Ken Block, simply because of his attitude. He's not as quick as the others, and he knows it. But then again, he was over 40 when he started his first WRC rally. To see someone who's genuinely happy just to be rallying, and also honest about his own capabilities and talent is rare, and rather pleasing.

The bad thing about wilson is that he is persistent....at least all the failures of the past like warmbold,rautenbach,companq ects knew when to stop.....he is a disgrace for the sport.
    And because they all stopped, there are now a shortage of drivers in the WRC.
    Which, as you know, makes for great television, and lots of action when you're actually a spectator. I love it when the WRC class finishes within 10 minutes... Especially on the fast stages of the Epynt, where I was last rally GB. Because it's just sooo much fun watching cars go slower. It gives you more time to study where they miss their braking points etc.

personal attacks removed by Mark

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasted Talent
    Agree 100%. A lot of jealousy on here......

WT
    This is the lamest argument ever. I'm not jealous of Matt at all, I'd be embarassed if I woke up tomorrow and I was doing what he was doing as badly as he is doing it.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It's fine to strongly disagree with opinions. But let's keep the personal stuff down to a minimum!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    It's fine to strongly disagree with opinions. But let's keep the personal stuff down to a minimum!
    You're just jealous!

Slightly off topic I do honestly think that accusing someone of being jealous is a rather lame argument. If that were true any criticism of any driver could be shrugged off as jealousy, truth be told I wouldn't want to do what Matthew Wilson is doing unless I honestly felt that i was in a position to be winning events or at least fighting for wins. Some people have different goals in life, some people just want to compete and some people like myself want to be competitive and if we're not going to be able to do that then we don't bother. Some people also want for the sport to be at its best and for M-Sport to actually be up there fighting with Citroen rather than being 2nd best because nobody else is competing and personally I feel that Matty's 5 year plans are an unwelcome and unnecessary drain in terms of money and attention for M-Sport when they should be focusing on getting their two professional drivers into a position where they can fight consistently for rally wins and not throwing good money after bad.

If wanting M-Sport to have a better chance of competing against Citroen is being jealous then I guess I'm just jealous!
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Englandsfahrer
    Agreed.
    One of my favorite drivers is Ken Block,
    I started to reply seriously but then i saw that...no need to bother anymore.

as for the jelousy thing....i really cannot understand it....i never wanted to be a rally driver so there isn't anything there to jealous...i watch the sport because i like the spectacle and admire true skills.

Wilson is a disgrace for the sport due to his attitude, not his non existent skills...

As for the insults...there are very few people who have my respect and only from those i would take an insult seriously adn would make me think about my attitude...the rest of you can bomb away...i have immunity.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Wilson is a disgrace for the sport due to his attitude, not his non existent skills...
    Read what I posted above about what really constitutes a disgrace to the sport. This was not meant as an insult, rather as an attempt to get you to change your view and make you think that the way you phrase your criticism might be over-the-top and unacceptable.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I started to reply seriously but then i saw that...no need to bother anymore..
    That's a real problem of yours, you switch off to any real point that people make. You're so short sighted (and possibly stupid) that you form your own opinion of what people are saying. The fact that he likes Ken Block is clarified with: "...simply because of his attitude. He's not as quick as the others, and he knows it. But then again, he was over 40 when he started his first WRC rally. To see someone who's genuinely happy just to be rallying, and also honest about his own capabilities and talent is rare, and rather pleasing." This is perfectly valid, and makes it quite funny when you say that you think "Wilson is a disgrace for the sport due to his attitude". Besides a terrible use of the word 'disgrace', it's a complete contradiction of your insult towards Englandsfahrer

Agreed on the jealousy thing though, if anything it weakens your argument when you claim that the other person is just jealous.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    because in any other motorsport he would be kicked long long time ago.....yet all these years he proclaims himself as the next Burns and Mcrae....he sucks budget off the official team (is it strange that the decline of the ford team came when Slowson started his full program ??). None other motorsport would tolerate that,

He is a disgrace for the sport
    I've never read so much deflamatory crap.
    Please show us where he proclaims to be the next McRae or Burns
    Hes out there doing what he likes with the backing of a team that must be happy to have him and yes his fathers influence will open a door for him in rallying what father wouldn't help their son in rallying or motorsport and lets not forget Matt started out in circuit racing and did well at it.

To those that slate Matthew.
    what have you lot done in the WRC apart from sitting in front of your computer games telling yourselves you will be world champion one day
    Dream on.
    For gods sake enjoy the sport for what it is and and enjoy seeing drivers in action instead of putting them down when you don't know them personally
    Hes not wasting your money so let up

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    so in order to be able to judge someone you must first prove yourself in the thing you judge him on......

Any person deserves a chance...and every person deserves a second chance in everything. None deserves a third. When you buy your chances beyond that point and have the nerve to give interviews and showcase your non existent rally driving to the media then there is something wrong.