Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold
    Hi guys, since somebody is asking what I'm up to these days, I decided to drop in a word. I have started a blog which is intended for sharing my experiences in rally.

The link is the following:
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com/
    I think you have an interesting blog and i will keenly follow it in the future.

I think that you should provide some info about the characters of the WRC i.e. what was McRae really like?? What do other drivers think of Loeb's success?

I was also wondering Who you think will take the crown from Loeb?

Also do you think his success is the result of skill or because he had an amazing car??

any answers you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    A quote from the blog

My problem is that no-one ever told us about all this when we made the initial deal. I like to know what I sign and pay for, don't you ?

Caveat emptor, my friend.

It's been eight years since your first season and it seems that this old lesson has now been learned but unfortunately - the hard way. Like N.O.T, I also find your writing a bit bitter at times but hopefully your goal is achieved and other young aspirants do learn from your experiences.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    VERY interesting reading.... keep it coming
    Passion will make you crazy, but is there a other way to live ? :burnout:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    This stories of Antony reminds me Dani Sola's season with the Ford Focus WRC. No tests, no improvements in the car and last opportunity in the World Championship for him. Results: Bad slow car and he pushed so hard finishing mainly out of the race.

Very interesting Blog Antony. Keep it going

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Great blog, interesting to hear a different perspective of the sport. Agree that perhaps you sound a bit bitter, but if I'd spent 2.5million on a lame duck then I'd be pretty f***ing bitter too Also the trivia about the spikes is fascinating, makes scientific sense I suppose but it's not the sort of thing that you usually think about when you're watching rallying.

Do you still compete at a lower level for fun? I do a few clubman events (not rallying) and find it tough over the winter when there are no events to compete at. If you aren't driving then how do you replace the adrenaline rush and fun?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Woww, Antony's blog is taking off a big time! I'm following many rallying news sites and rally-related persons in Twitter and Antony's blog is mentioned now in almost all of those posts.

Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoolander36
    This stories of Antony reminds me Dani Sola's season with the Ford Focus WRC. No tests, no improvements in the car and last opportunity in the World Championship for him. Results: Bad slow car and he pushed so hard finishing mainly out of the race.

Very interesting Blog Antony. Keep it going
    Have a funny little anecdote with Dani Sola that I will share with you guys soon...
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com

Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Great blog, interesting to hear a different perspective of the sport. Agree that perhaps you sound a bit bitter, but if I'd spent 2.5million on a lame duck then I'd be pretty f***ing bitter too Also the trivia about the spikes is fascinating, makes scientific sense I suppose but it's not the sort of thing that you usually think about when you're watching rallying.

Do you still compete at a lower level for fun? I do a few clubman events (not rallying) and find it tough over the winter when there are no events to compete at. If you aren't driving then how do you replace the adrenaline rush and fun?
    Nice to see all this interest. I never thought you guys would be so keen to read about my experiences.

No more competition for me. I am really taken by my work lately. I sometimes drive for fun with karts, and I do competition table tennis as a hobby, it's very good for mental and reflexes.
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Please write about body and mental trainings before and during the season 'cos it's very interesting to see if it is possible to go in the WRC car without any prepairings. Dany Snobeck (who's 63) finished in WRC Spain in 10th place no matter on his ages..

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    Please write about body and mental trainings before and during the season 'cos it's very interesting to see if it is possible to go in the WRC car without any prepairings. Dany Snobeck (who's 63) finished in WRC Spain in 10th place no matter on his ages..
    I think that shows that the endurance side of Rallying has gone - unless he's super fit....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???