Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    Why not next year Ypres in a S1.6t car, Belgium is familiar to u, the roads are also your terrain. IRC great series and the S1.6t a new formula what hopefully get popular ! And u seeing driving in our country would be a honor! Lot of respect for u!
    I would definitely enjoy that. Big challenge, the Belgian drivers are very fast.
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mousti
    Why not next year Ypres in a S1.6t car, Belgium is familiar to u, the roads are also your terrain. IRC great series and the S1.6t a new formula what hopefully get popular ! And u seeing driving in our country would be a honor! Lot of respect for u!
    I would definitely enjoy that. Big challenge, the Belgian drivers are very fast.
    I like Belgium very much, I spent most of my childhood there, near Tervuren.

Quote Originally Posted by Barreis
    IRC will never be the same as WRC.
    I can see that the competition is very hard in IRC. Looks like many drivers have good machines and that is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cardy
    ah i see ive built 4 versions so far of that jolly club car 3x kulig 1x bertone so to add yours will be great
    looking forward to seeing it!

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold
    It's a Monaco flag, in fact, upside down from Polish flag. The organizer requested that I put the flag of the automobile club who issued my racing license. Apparently that was the system in Poland at the time.
    The flag you show is actually a requirement of the FIA International Sporting Code (Art. 112). On a World Championship event your nationality is the same as your passport. On all other events your nationality is the same as the ASN that issued your competition licence.
    If you look at event entry lists and results from the 1970's you will often see drivers like Ari Vatanen & Pentti Airikkala with their nationality shown as GB (not FIN) because they had to have a British licence to compete in the British championship. The British championship wasn't international in those days and included national as well as international events. It was also before the rule was introduced that allows nationals of EU countries to compete in national events in other EU countries with their own country's licence (NEAFP), so you could only do a national event in the country that issued your licence.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd
    If you look at event entry lists and results from the 1970's you will often see drivers like Ari Vatanen & Pentti Airikkala with their nationality shown as GB (not FIN) because they had to have a British licence to compete in the British championship. The British championship wasn't international in those days and included national as well as international events. It was also before the rule was introduced that allows nationals of EU countries to compete in national events in other EU countries with their own country's licence (NEAFP), so you could only do a national event in the country that issued your licence.
    Are you sure about this, I remember Pentti once told about the Brittish licence but the reasons why he had it was very different.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    I like Belgium very much, I spent most of my childhood there, near Tervuren.
    Offcourse with the good food and beers we have. Although u lived a bit far from Ypres u probably know for sure how great and historical the city is. WRC has maybe the very best drivers, but IRC has also great competition and is cheaper to run there and like u said go against the likes of Tsjoen who's a gentlemen driver like u but also very fast!

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Are you sure about this, I remember Pentti once told about the Brittish licence but the reasons why he had it was very different.
    Pentti may have had other reasons as well, but up to 1977 it was certainly true (it's a real shame he isn't still with us so that we could ask him). The British Rally Championship changed to an Open International series in 1978 (I think) so a UK licence would not have been required from then onwards for championship events, but drivers contracted to British teams may have been expected to do additional events in Britain that required a UK licence. The fact that Pentti was a UK resident may also have made it easier for him to have a British, rather than Finnish, licence. FIA rules say that you need an address in the country that issues the licence - but don't say you have to live there! I can't remember when the NEAFP rule came in but since it was introduced it has been possible to compete on NEAFP calendar events across the EU with a suitable licence from another country.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I think somebody mentioned how a car needs to be under-steering, to be safe to drive, on the drivingstyle thread. That is true, as far as I am concerned.I
    I’ve read from somewhere that a neutral car is the worst to drive because it’s neutral only in specific conditions. Outside the optimal conditions it’s sometimes over steering and sometimes under steering. I don’t know but I think the current drivers prefer a under steering car instead of an over steering cars.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Antony, are you on entry list for Germany?