Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Liked 252 Times in 68 Posts
    For the ARC you have to pay for TV coverage.

We are trying to put a deal together for Rally SA and Coffs to pay for the coverage.

Ray
    2007 Australian Rally Champion Driver Class P3
    2011 Australian Rally Champion Codriver Privateers Cup and Premier League,
    2014 Australian Targa Champion Codriver Late Classic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In the Netherlands it is the same with the Dakar rally. The television channel does not care for the results or action in stage, only who has paid for tv minuts.
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Drivers should be concentrated only on results, nothing else.

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    I just can speak about written press. Agreed, the accreditation process is quite comlicated. Basically the national accreditation officer has to provide a list of all national applicants to the FIA media delegate. International accreditations are handleld by the FIA themselves.

But if you are working for a proper magazine and have a proper assignment you will always get a media pass for a WRC round (ask GigiGalliNo1). They just don't give away press passes to everybody who runs a website and calls himself a journalist.

TV is a complete different story. Because North One Sport is the rights holder they have to decide.

Antony: During your time there were a lot more journalists and photographers than you remember. But it's true, today there are a lot less. The habit of the manufacturers to give away free photos on their websites has killed the jobs of quite a number of WRC photographers in recent years . . . .

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Antony, please more.

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Write something about suspension, tire pressures maybe? Basically a "How to set up a WRC car"
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Write something about suspension, tire pressures maybe? Basically a "How to set up a WRC car"
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppositelock
    But if you are working for a proper magazine and have a proper assignment you will always get a media pass for a WRC round (ask GigiGalliNo1). They just don't give away press passes to everybody who runs a website and calls himself a journalist.
    Complete BS. I remember a year where some of the best photographers in Australia didn't get passes or almost didn't get passes. As for websites, I can tell you that whether you get a pass depends on what you say
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Complete BS. I remember a year where some of the best photographers in Australia didn't get passes or almost didn't get passes. As for websites, I can tell you that whether you get a pass depends on what you say
    Australian rally media outlets are not large enough for photographers supplying them to meet the FIA media accreditation requirements in my short experience. And reading over the media application, the FIA requires photographers to meet commercial rates. Not sure what these are, as they are not published? But the rates I have observed locally are less than commercial, and supplying images for next to nothing does nothing for photographer or the industry. Not trying to be negative, but I see the local industry as too small to support more than several photographers at top level. And anyone wanting to climb that ladder has to give their work away to attempt to meet media guidelines, in doing so they destroy any industry that exists?

• Circulation

Accreditation decisions are based on the relative ‘media market’ in the country of the applicant. As such, the usual minimum circulation for a national weekly or monthly publication is 20,000 copies. For a national daily the minimum circulation is 50,000 copies.

Freelance journalists must apply for credentials via their own agencies. The onus is on the freelance applicant to prove the supply of regular stories to at least five publications.

Photo agencies must be able to prove that the pictures have been regularly sold to publications matching the FIA criteria and have been paid for at the normal commercial rate. A publication must be able to prove that the pictures published are the original work of the publication's accredited photographer.

Source http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre...-procedure.pdf

Our photography business has accreditation for the Australia Rally Championships, but I have been unsuccessful in getting any clarification on what this means for the WRC? Local cars (ARC/Classics) competing in the same stages as the Rally Australia (WRC) event are into stage between 30 and 90 minutes behind the WRC crews. Does this mean we can only access the stages after the last WRC car exits stage?

Sorry to take off topic. Keen to hear more from Antony, and I have been checking in on the blog daily...

Liked 149 Times in 33 Posts
    No no, please don't apologize. You write interesting things!
    http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.com