Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    I've just been checking out Antony's stage times from 2005, and to be fair, he be the 6th or 7th quickest driver in 2011. Meaning he'd be in 4th or 5th places now with DNFs on some events. Not bad for a chap who many have slated over the years! Either the privateer cars have become worse of the quality in the WRC has? I think the latter, in 2005 WRGB after the first day 16 drivers were within 2 mins of 1st place.....that is unheard of now!

Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts
    Great blog mr. Warmbold ! Keep on sharing these stories with us !

BTW the fact that you had 140 kg more really sound fascinating ...

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon

Was they young Finn Hirvonen by any chance
    Do a search.....you will find that one of the current Ford works drivers had his first full season in 2003 in the third works Focus.

Liked 22 Times in 8 Posts
    Now this is interesting reading, Anthony. I have been waiting for something written that reveals the "inside" of a world rally team. Unfortunately todays WRC-journalists have decided to be "mates" with the teams, instead of producing good, investigative and critical journalism. The WRC has turned out to become too much of a friend club, where no one dares to reveal the negative sides of the sport. Much appreciated!
    Rally driver in the Norwegian Rally Championship.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forgot to ask you, did you have any manager? And do you think that professional rally drivers should have competent managers.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 827 Times in 374 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold
    Yes, I thought I should share my story. I felt it's the right thing to do. Who knows if this might be helpful for others.
    Not planning anymore driving, in competition anyway.
    I am glad you guys appreciate the blog. I will update it often as I have a lot to tell.
    Pity to hear that Anthony! IRC would maybe much better for you, is a championship with alot of nice rallies and with not so much Factory drivers with better cars than the car u can buy. I can believe for sure your story, not a surprise for me that it goes like that in WRC.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Welcome Antony!
    Loved the blog, a big insight to what goes on behind the scenes.
    I look forward to your next update in the blog:-)
    I'd still like to know who this young finn is:-)
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great to read your blog... Thanks Antony...

this car was always beautiful ... My favorite in the Rally of Argentina 2003,,,,

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Hello
    Your blog is an interesting read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achim_Warmbold

Hopefully you will write on the Toyota Corolla WRC sometime.
    Did you get a comparative quote from Subaru/ Prodrive for a car at the same time ?
    Have you taken up golf ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon
    Welcome Anthony,

I hope you'll find this forum as useful as we'll find your knowledge!

Guys I can sympathise with Anthony here, I've just read the 1st part of the blog, and what he says was different with the cars......not him making excuses for his pace. I think we all know that 'M2' or 'privateer' cars all have differences on the 'world' or 'factory' cars. I had a stint at M-Sport on trial (I was offered a permanent position but I didn't take the job as it wasn't as interesting and exciting as I though it would be), and from the time there many people told me about the way things work with the M2 cars, but I just saw this as the offset due to the lack money being injected by that person, i.e 2.5 mill rather than 3.5 mill as Anthony explained. Did they not explain this to you Anthony?

I don't think anyone expects privateers to be quicker than works drivers, and Anthony was certainly driving in a more competetive era of the WRC, but sometime people don't realise how different the Works and Privateer cars are. According to FIA rules (so i've been led to believe on this forum) all ECUs are the same this year, so how are they different, weight? Think i've asked this question in another topic but with no response.

Again I sympathise with Anthony for spending all that money on a weaker, slower car, but I honest don't think any other supplier of car would be any different, Prodrive etc..

Was they young Finn Hirvonen by any chance

A very interesting comment, can you provide us with further details of life at M-Sport? How do you think Block and Kimi fair as "private" drivers in comparison to Loeb, Mikko etc???