Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    "In top level rallying, you need to be "balls to the wall" from 1st corner to last corner."

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    i think he said his father was his manager.
    ahaa ok.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antony Warmbold
    ....All this came on top of another important phenomenom. I can see it now, looking at it from a distance, but whenever the end of the season approached, it seemed like the car performance was getting better... As if to help your finger sign that deal for the next year...
    At the end of 2003 M-Sport was giving you better parts, to make you feel at home with a fast Focus and stay aboard for 2004? So you stayed at a familair and fast car in a team that treated you right finally..... and you were screwed again in 2004?
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan9
    +1

I can confirm this as I watched henning at the service in the 2010 NZ WRC and he worked more frantically and with more dexterity on his engine than any of the M-Sport crew, who ironically seemed more interested in the s2000 dirvers than Henning, Frederico or Matt W.
    Henning is probably the WRC driver with the best skillset in mechanics and electronics in the field. He has been pretty upbeat and frustrated when he has tested and found a good base setup that suites his style, and when he starts shakedown the setup is usually the base setup for the MSport team and not his one, and he is back to square one.

But if he wants to drive a WRC car Stobart or Ford is gis only option. He is putting up a brave face, but is boiling underneath....

He is doing this more or less for fun now, and if i were him I would have gone in IRC or SWRC, and gotten rid of the moneymaking policy of Malcolm W !

It is so good that Warmbold dare write his truth of the clean sport we all like !

Makes me even more sorry that MSport got the academy car,and not Renault.......

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    It's all about the money.

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    A great read. Thankyou for sharing.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland
    Henning is probably the WRC driver with the best skillset in mechanics and electronics in the field. He has been pretty upbeat and frustrated when he has tested and found a good base setup that suites his style, and when he starts shakedown the setup is usually the base setup for the MSport team and not his one, and he is back to square one.

But if he wants to drive a WRC car Stobart or Ford is gis only option. He is putting up a brave face, but is boiling underneath....

He is doing this more or less for fun now, and if i were him I would have gone in IRC or SWRC, and gotten rid of the moneymaking policy of Malcolm W !

It is so good that Warmbold dare write his truth of the clean sport we all like !

Makes me even more sorry that MSport got the academy car,and not Renault.......
    Ford exist to make money, Citroen exist to win Rallies/Championships.....simple!!

I also think Renault should have got the Academy car - a new Manufacturer in the WRC....yet another category with a Ford; Academy, S2000, WRC......is there anything they haven't got a finger in?? What about the FiA Safety cars..????

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Ford exist to make money, Citroen exist to win Rallies/Championships.....simple!!

I also think Renault should have got the Academy car - a new Manufacturer in the WRC....yet another category with a Ford; Academy, S2000, WRC......is there anything they haven't got an unsuccessful, forum spamming finger in?? What about the FiA Safety cars..????
    Edited for accuracy
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I thought that had become a banable offense Daniel? I do hope so!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    I thought that had become a banable offense Daniel? I do hope so!
    Nope. Andy's a reasonable fellow in my experience and won't fly off the hook and claim that i was trying to say that he was saying that.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.