Welcome Anthony,

I hope you'll find this forum as useful as we'll find your knowledge!

Guys I can sympathise with Anthony here, I've just read the 1st part of the blog, and what he says was different with the cars......not him making excuses for his pace. I think we all know that 'M2' or 'privateer' cars all have differences on the 'world' or 'factory' cars. I had a stint at M-Sport on trial (I was offered a permanent position but I didn't take the job as it wasn't as interesting and exciting as I though it would be), and from the time there many people told me about the way things work with the M2 cars, but I just saw this as the offset due to the lack money being injected by that person, i.e 2.5 mill rather than 3.5 mill as Anthony explained. Did they not explain this to you Anthony?

I don't think anyone expects privateers to be quicker than works drivers, and Anthony was certainly driving in a more competetive era of the WRC, but sometime people don't realise how different the Works and Privateer cars are. According to FIA rules (so i've been led to believe on this forum) all ECUs are the same this year, so how are they different, weight? Think i've asked this question in another topic but with no response.

Again I sympathise with Anthony for spending all that money on a weaker, slower car, but I honest don't think any other supplier of car would be any different, Prodrive etc..

Was they young Finn Hirvonen by any chance