Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomi
    Thats not what I mean, only said the story is subjective because it is.
    Of course But based on my memories of Antony's driving which was that he didn't seem particularly tough on the car which doesn't seem to be reflected in the amount of failures his car had

Deutschland, time lost:

Multiple punctures. Reason: The Baumholder high speeds and extreme compressions provoked the tires to rub against the top of the wheel arch, where there is a hook which is used for hanging the upright when servicing. Why: Because no suspension testing data from works team was communicated to our car engineer (who works for them, by the way). Seemed at the time like they prefer to let you have your tires blow up rather than share their finds.

This (if true of course) says it all about the M-Sport operation. Malcolm would use every trick in the book from slowing down to get a better road position to shortchanging someone by putting parts which were unlikely to last a full rally on their car and potentially ignoring things which are pretty much guaranteed to give his customer punctures.

I know I'm grinding my own stone when I say this, but I think Malcolm Wilson is a truly poor team boss. He had Colin and Carlos in his team and and the rather quick Focus 2003 WRC on the horizon so what did he do? He got rid of 2 of the best drivers in the WRC in the season where both of them went on to fight for the title in the last round..... I think he also takes the "If you want to win, take a Finn" mantra a little too literally....

Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    You should write this in book form, hopefully you might achieve a positive return.
    I wonder how much MRTE cost to set up initially for the first Mazda 323 ?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    This (if true of course) says it all about the M-Sport operation.
    Maybe, but not long time ago Tuohino told same kind off stuff in Vauhdin Maailma about Citroen.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Maybe, but not long time ago Tuohino told same kind off stuff in Vauhdin Maailma about Citroen.
    But at least Citroen can point at the rows and rows of trophies showing drivers titles, manufacturers titles and a silly amount of rally wins considering the short time they've been involved in the WRC. What can M-Sport do?
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Take the money. M.Wilson: GIVEEEEE MEEE ALLLLL YOUUUUU GOTTTT!!!!!?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But at least Citroen can point at the rows and rows of trophies showing drivers titles, manufacturers titles and a silly amount of rally wins considering the short time they've been involved in the WRC. What can M-Sport do?
    sorry but can you explaine to me what this has to do with how teams treat privateers, i failed to understand.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    sorry but can you explaine to me what this has to do with how teams treat privateers, i failed to understand.
    True

I'm simply highlighting the lack of results from M-Sport considering the tactics that he resorts to and the fact that as a self funded entry, they should in theory be looking after their privateers.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Wink Just a reminder !

The topic here is Antony and his blog so please let's stick to that.
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    True

I'm simply highlighting the lack of results from M-Sport considering the tactics that he resorts to and the fact that as a self funded entry, they should in theory be looking after their privateers.
    It would be good also if the privateers should look after their rights and make air tight agreements, when it comes to about the car. tyres etc....., then teams could not take advantage of young guys who are happy to drive whatever, if they only get to drive,
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Antony, I've been a long time follower of WRC for years but I have to say, I find your blog a great read. Well written and very informative. I know you were asked this earlier but can you tell us if you ever made contact with Prodrive and if so, what made you go for the Ford? Anyway, hopefully you had enjoyment through the years in the WRC community, it sounds like you learnt a lot about the business that you can apply to your work now Best of luck with the blog.
    Marcus: "Tell Corrado, three gears is enough!"