Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refueling

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Refueling

It's been more than a season without refueling, does anyone miss it?

Although it's far too early to say for this season, it seems like most drivers are/will be making 2-3 stops for tyres.

Maybe it would be more interesting to see refueling back, having quick laps from start to finish.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I miss it. Because it adds another element. They said fans didn't understand that the cars needed refueling, funny we all understand when we have to fill our cars up at the gas station/garage, so how hard can it be for a fan to understand the cars don't run on fresh air.
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I think F1 one has always changed, with or without refueling and so each period has its own merits.

But for me personally I like both. So whether its back in next year or not I don't mind.

So Im sitting on the fence.

One thing that might be could is to allow refuelling but make fuel tanks hold enough fuel for a whole race, so you can pick or choose, same with the tyres let anyone try fuel fuel hard tyres, or 3 fuel stops on super softs.

There is just too much meddling.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't miss refueling because I feel as if it was unsafe. Pit crews are under so much pressure to get a pitstop right the first time, so inevitably there will be errors. Refueling was pretty cool, but I'd rather lose that part of F1 rather than see someone get burned.

What I like about non-refueling racing is that the drivers have to deal with a car that is heavy with fuel at the beginning of the race, and the car's characteristic changes as the car burns away that fuel. I love that aspect about non-refueling!
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I'm glad it's gone and don't want to see it back. It's one less thing the FIA can meddle with in the name of 'spicing' up the show.

All that's needed now is teams having the option to use any one of the 4 tyre compounds during a race. Make the hard last a full race, the medium last 3/4 distance the soft last 1/2 distance and the super-soft last 1/4 distance and let the teams have at it. I know durability would differ from circuit to circuit but tyres like that would give drivers and teams plenty of options and mix things up. We'd have guys trying a no-stopper against guys on a 2 or 3 stopper. What's not to like about that?
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I don't miss refueling because I feel as if it was unsafe. Pit crews are under so much pressure to get a pitstop right the first time, so inevitably there will be errors. Refueling was pretty cool, but I'd rather lose that part of F1 rather than see someone get burned.

Jos Verstappen - Hockenheim 1994
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIYZ-...eature=related
    Drivers and Pit Crews are paid to do their respective jobs; not be fire marshalls. Fire in an F1 car if it's an avoidable danger, should be avoided.

I for one do not miss refuelling in the race.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am all for it to come back.
    The FIA removed one of the most important tactical aspects of F1 and in exchange we got the gimmicky wings.
    They are removing the intellectually challenging sides while adding crap to the sport.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I am dead set against it. Races with refuelling were nothing more than a series of sprints with no passing other than as a result of pit stops. Seldom was the strategy that resulted interesting either.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I am dead set against it. Races with refuelling were nothing more than a series of sprints with no passing other than as a result of pit stops. Seldom was the strategy that resulted interesting either.
    EXACTLY!
    I have to puke every time I hear "pit stop strategy". To me, it has nothing to do with RACING.

I also hate mandated tire stops. Pit stops should be optional only. If someone can make it all the way through on one set of tires, then let him! Or if they want to run soft tires twice, then let them do that, too. Stupid to mandate that 2 compounds have to be used!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maximilian
    EXACTLY!
    I also hate mandated tire stops. Pit stops should be optional only. If someone can make it all the way through on one set of tires, then let him! Or if they want to run soft tires twice, then let them do that, too.
    Just as it would have been nice had teams been able to run non-stop without refuelling if they wished to. Then we might have seen some genuinely interesting strategies involving refuelling.