Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Kill Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue
    Big Warning... Didn't expect to see what was in those photos... especially some later in the album are hugely disturbing and i wish i'd never seen anything like that. Unless you are incredibly numb to human suffering do not look.
    Dead is dead, how really matters little unless one is there.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwegian Blue
    Big Warning... Didn't expect to see what was in those photos... especially some later in the album are hugely disturbing and i wish i'd never seen anything like that. Unless you are incredibly numb to human suffering do not look.
    There are photographs like that, long stored away in shoeboxes and the like, in closets of former combat participants all over the world. I've seen them from WW II, Biafra, Rhodesia, South Africa, Vietnam, Mexico and Kuwait. They are typical war photos.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eki
    I'm against death penalty, but I think they should be judged in an Afghan court. If that means death penalty, so be it, but I'd say life in some Afghan prison would be a suitable punishment, even if "life" meant something like 12 years.

An Afghan court would mean an Islamic Court which would mean any death penalty given could be overturned at the request of the family who might do just that if paid enough.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    There are photographs like that, long stored away in shoeboxes and the like, in closets of former combat participants all over the world. I've seen them from WW II, Biafra, Rhodesia, South Africa, Vietnam, Mexico and Kuwait. They are typical war photos.
    Doesn't make it acceptable. There seems to be an attitude here that shows a little too much respect for those engaged in war — respect unquestionably deserved if earned, but never deserved unquestioningly — and too little respect for human life.

An Afghan court would mean an Islamic Court which would mean any death penalty given could be overturned at the request of the family who might do just that if paid enough.
    And this is what we've been fighting for all these years there, is it?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    And this is what we've been fighting for all these years there, is it?
    Why no, not at all. We've been fighting there all these years against the Taliban so the Afghans can have democracy and vote in whomever they please like they did when they voted in the Taliban to start with, and will do so again. Then all the various tribes and sects will rearm and happily go back to killing each other just like the old days.

Why no, not at all. We've been fighting there all these years against the Taliban so the Afghans can have democracy and vote in whomever they please like they did when they voted in the Taliban to start with, and will do so again. Then all the various tribes and sects will rearm and happily go back to killing each other just like the old days.
    Did you support the conflict there?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Doesn't make it acceptable. There seems to be an attitude here that shows a little too much respect for those engaged in war — respect unquestionably deserved if earned, but never deserved unquestioningly — and too little respect for human life.
    And I believe the judgements made of those who have never been in combat upon those who have, should be very much held in reserve. Quite frankly, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You just don't know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did you support the conflict there?
    I supported swooping in and tearing up all the training camps we could find. Once that was done, we should have left and should not be there now.

And I believe the judgements made of those who have never been in combat upon those who have, should be very much held in reserve. Quite frankly, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You just don't know.
    What I do know is that nobody, no matter what their job, deserves unthinking, unquestioning respect.