Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts

SupeRally rules...

SupeRally, good or bad? Grand Prix drivers gaining championship points when stopped in the pits is nothing new; drivers at Indianapolis gain prize money however few laps they complete. Last year the WRC king of SupeRally was Chris Atkinson while this year, it was Matthew Wilson, who used SupeRally 33 times. Wilson was also the only driver in the championship to qualify as a finisher on all 16 rallies.
    http://www.wrc.com/page/News/BreakingNewsDetail/0,,10111~940408,00.html

Bad bad bad...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Definitely a bad thing, which should be discontinued forthwith.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    33 times in a season is quite insane. If only Matt got a point for every time he used SupeRally.

Maybe thats the answer, just subtract the amount of times you use it from the points total you gain at the end of the season. Actually scrap that it would just make a complicated idea even more complex. And no one wants to see a driver finish a season with -32 points, not even his most brutal critics.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi
    And no one wants to see a driver finish a season with -32 points, not even his most brutal critics.
    lol
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not against letting people restart, they just shouldn't be eligble for any points.

So the punters know whats happening put a large obvious sticker on the car such "LOOSER!"
    I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomski
    I'm not against letting people restart, they just shouldn't be eligble for any points.

So the punters know whats happening put a large obvious sticker on the car such "LOOSER!"

33 times, that's hilarious. There are 16 rallies, each of 3 days. This means 48 chances to use superally, and he used up more than 2/3 :

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    SupeRally, good or bad? Grand Prix drivers gaining championship points when stopped in the pits is nothing new; drivers at Indianapolis gain prize money however few laps they complete. Last year the WRC king of SupeRally was Chris Atkinson while this year, it was Matthew Wilson, who used SupeRally 33 times. Wilson was also the only driver in the championship to qualify as a finisher on all 16 rallies.
    The equivalent in circuit racing would be staying in the pits for 20 laps while the mechanics repair some fault, and then rejoining on the same lap as the leader with, say, a 1 min time penalty. Does it happen? No! Because that would destroy the whole idea of "whoever gets through the distance first is the winner".

But rallying - no, rallying isn't about getting through the distance the fastest, is it? It's about seeing all the pretty cars go by on Sunday as well, and if you didn't complete some of the distance - well, we'll just say you were bit slower, alright? Because the people - they've got to see all the cars on Sunday as well! Because rally fans are stupid, aren't they. They don't understand what's going on anyway. All they want is pretty cars going by. Oh, and make sure you don't show them two names on the side of the car, 'cause that would just make 'em crazy!

When you take away the underlying idea of a sport, you take a big step towards destroying it. The people who have made these decisions should be hanged by their balls from the nearest tree. Figuratively speaking, of course.

Yes, I know I'm preaching to the choir.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Spot on studiose, I could'nt agree more!!!!!!!
    Super rally is a complete farse that can get way to complicated...
    The only good point I can think (only the 1 lol) is about the paying spectator, who would see the retired cars back on the stages, which has to be sort of good entertainment wise, but deffo not championship wise...
    Maybe if they just let the retired crews rejoin simply for testing purposes and gaining valuable driver experience, if needed for the following years event!!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada

33 times, that's hilarious. There are 16 rallies, each of 3 days. This means 48 chances to use superally, and he used up more than 2/3 :
    And poor old Wilson Jnr only finished 28th in the championship with (wait for it) "1" single point from Argentina lol...
    Q. Is it the Stobart Focus or Wilson Jnr that aint working properly? pmsl

Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevoEvo
    Maybe if they just let the retired crews rejoin simply for testing purposes and gaining valuable driver experience, if needed for the following years event!!!!
    Yes, sure, that would be fine.