Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: March Madness

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC
    Not that I'm an expert, but I'll go for Duke......
    Andy looks like your boyz may be in a smack/down for the ages, and of epic proportions!
    If it comes down to that right now I'm kind of on the fence
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...uicy-to-ignore
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Respect???? Me?????
    FWIW I think I know what you actually mean.
    I don't believe any organized Basketball game has ever played out the last 9 seconds as that one did
    The coach of Butler seemed apologetic and said it was,,,,,,,, I don’t remember what he said, and
    I only now realize now that you are a Pitt enthusiast. This too shall pass. I am scrambling desperately to find a tivo of the
    SDSU/Temple game, because I was too nervous to watch more than about 5 minutes of it. SDSU has already surpassed every record
    in the 90 year history of the program, and do not expect them to advance any further, so I can live with the result.
    Although if it happens like what happened to Pitt, I would connect a hose from my exhaust pipe and seal it in the cabin
    and calmly leave this dimension with a 64 oz Big Gulp of Kool-aide and wash down about 400 Mg of Valium and then bite the glass capsule
    of Sodium cyanide. I don't endorse this kind of behavior, and if I could be restrained for about 24 hours I would probably reconsider.
    What's up with Butler anyway? If it is the Butler in Western Penn, not only is it a cross-town rivalry, but my ex-wife came from that community,
    and believe me if I had any idea where she lives I would torch her house..... nore:
    I just wanted to temporarily lift my self-imposed ban on this thread to let you something about myself...

I'm not a Pitt enthusiast, I just picked them to win the national championship. I'm from southern California like you are and would've liked to have seen UCLA win the championship, as a fan. But I knew that the chance of them winning it wasn't as likely as other teams like Kansas, Ohio State, Duke, UConn, etc. So I didn't pick UCLA to go any further than the 2nd round (although they played a tough game against Florida until the last couple of minutes).

My self-imposed ban was due in part to Pitt being eliminated in the 2nd round, thus ruining any credible knowledge of NCAA men's basketball that I claimed to have. Actually, since I got a lot of my predictions wrong in the 1st and 2nd rounds anyway, my claims of knowing what I was talking about in regards to the tournament were already suspect before Pitt was eliminated. To be honest, I don't follow college basketball nearly as much as I do with other sports (auto racing, NBA, tennis, college football, NFL, soccer, golf, boxing, martial arts, etc.), and a lot of my tournament predictions were based on analysis from, you guessed it, east coast-biased sports channels like ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, etc.

Now, when it comes to NBA basketball, I'm much more confident in what I predict will happen in that league's playoffs. Perhaps when the NBA playoffs are starting, we can create a thread about predicting the outcome of that tournament and who will be the 2010-2011 NBA champion .

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWS
    I just wanted to temporarily lift my self-imposed ban on this thread to let you something about myself...

I'm not a Pitt enthusiast, I just picked them to win the national championship. I'm from southern California like you are and would've liked to have seen UCLA win the championship, as a fan. But I knew that the chance of them winning it wasn't as likely as other teams like Kansas, Ohio State, Duke, UConn, etc. So I didn't pick UCLA to go any further than the 2nd round (although they played a tough game against Florida until the last couple of minutes).

My self-imposed ban was due in part to Pitt being eliminated in the 2nd round, thus ruining any credible knowledge of NCAA men's basketball that I claimed to have. Actually, since I got a lot of my predictions wrong in the 1st and 2nd rounds anyway, my claims of knowing what I was talking about in regards to the tournament were already suspect before Pitt was eliminated. To be honest, I don't follow college basketball nearly as much as I do with other sports (auto racing, NBA, tennis, college football, NFL, soccer, golf, boxing, martial arts, etc.), and a lot of my tournament predictions were based on analysis from, you guessed it, east coast-biased sports channels like ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, etc.

Now, when it comes to NBA basketball, I'm much more confident in what I predict will happen in that league's playoffs. Perhaps when the NBA playoffs are starting, we can create a thread about predicting the outcome of that tournament and who will be the 2010-2011 NBA champion .
    This is the first year I've followed college Round ball in ages. To be honest I excelled at most sports and have the post traumatic Arthritis to prove it. lol
    This is just insanity what SDSU are doing. Everything I know about sports beside Tennis, Golf, and F1 I’ve been trying to forget. My mind is a virtual storehouse of useless information. I used to be a huge San Diego Rockets fan. You do know that the Rockets started in S.D. Stu Lantz, and Calvin Murphy were the starting guards and Pat Riley got a lot of minutes in the back court, a pretty good country play making guard. But Elvin Hays made them legit, and before they took off for Houston they had drafted Rudy Tomjanovich. I tried to support the Clippers, but Donald Sterling had no intentions of fielding a competitive team. I've been with the Padres since they were in the Pacific Coast League and the Chargers since they played in Balboa Stadium. Really I'm burnt out on The Big Three, and have been for well over a decade. I really don't know very much about College Basketball, But with my Alma mater having a season for the ages I have paid attention and feel like I have a pretty good handle on this year’s contenders, To be honest it is mostly based on statistics. Huge game today SDSU vs U conn, it’s right up in Anaheim. The last time I checked tickets were going for $400.00. I’m going to hang with some of my bros and just hope the Aztecs can put a beat-down on the Huskys. I really enjoyed your input but I understand that not having a vested interest, you don’t have the level of interest that I do. I have enjoyed your input however.
    Peace
    May the forza be with you