Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeans

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeans

Somebody once told me you can find the perfect relationship, but never the perfect jeans

Lots of other people have told me that you only get what you pay for.

In the past I've only really bought semi-expensive jeans from known brands, usually things like £60 to £150 River Island, Replay, etc. However, a friend who works long hours asked me to get her some specific jeans from a Primark store I pass on my way to the wholesaler, so off I went in some new £140 quid jeans to buy them for her.

They were so nice, I got some for myself. On the way home I noticed a seam in my new £140 quid ones had started to open up and unravel. The Primark ones have turned out to be a better fit, really comfortable, stronger and only cost £8!

I bought some more and pretty much live in those two pairs now : The costly collection are all collecting dust

The moral? Names mean nothing these days, and you don't get what you pay for at all!
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I dont shop at Primark because it looks like an explosion in a clothes factory. I refuse to shop in stores that are so messy.

I've never paid more than around £40 for a pair of jeans. Hazel, I'm surprised you'd spend so much of a pair of jeans when you do so much ordoorsy stuff. I would have always assumed that you'd go for cheap and cheerful as you wouldn't then be bothered if you ruined them.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    I dont shop at Primark because it looks like an explosion in a clothes factory. I refuse to shop in stores that are so messy.
    I guess it depends what you're looking for, I can get a tonne of stuff from there in one go, but then I try to keep my clothes shopping to a minimum, either order online or get my better half to do it for me
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I just really hate messy shops. How do you know you want something if you cant find it for all the rubbish? This is why I also completely avoid Next when they have a sale on. Why get up at stupid O'clock trying to find a bargain in all that mess when you can do it in the comfort of your own home online. Its so much easier.

Ibby doesn't buy clothes either unless they are for hiking or cycling. If I could throw away all his old and tatty clothes he would be walking round naked most of the time. Men!
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm the same - can't stand Primark or messy stores or the Next sale. I like things set out properly although even then I struggle to find things I like I'm useless at clothes shopping.

I haven't worn jeans for years and I used to live in them outside work. I wish I'd never worn them as I don't think they suited me anyway. I nearly always wear skirts now.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Buying Carhartt khakis on the High Street is becoming more and more of a chore these days.

Admin
    My main issue shopping for clothes is that you buy a load of whatever - trousers, t-shirts etc, then you go back a little later after only, say, 2 years, and they don't sell them any more. So you have to faff about trying on new styles

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've got a few pairs of Levi 506's and wouldn't get anything else
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    My main issue shopping for clothes is that you buy a load of whatever - trousers, t-shirts etc, then you go back a little later after only, say, 2 years, and they don't sell them any more. So you have to faff about trying on new styles
    If you wear anything other than Levi 501's you are wearing something akin to jeans,
    May the forza be with you

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    If you wear anything other than Levi 501's you are wearing something akin to jeans,
    I don't wear jeans