Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Your best shave?

Just wondering what wetshave/electric shaver and technique you guys use and how you find it.

I bought a Braun series 7 kit last year but ended up giving it to my old man after deciding it was no better than my old Braun 5858 kit which I found superb, easily more than a match for a wet shave. However is has finally died and I've started using a Gillette Fusion wet shave, its not bad and I find I get best results, shaving in the shower using hair conditioner instead of shaving foam for a smoother shave, I also go against the grain to achieve a close shave.

Im thinking of getting another Braun as they are not only very good but just so much more practical, cost effective in the long run and the electric powered alcohol foil/blade cleaner works brilliantly.... but are there any other brands/models I should consider?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Im old school. I use a 10 year old Gillette Mach3 razor, and Edge gel. Works everytime. I used a an electric razor back in college and I hated it; was always getting pinched.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I use a Merkur 1904, with Feather blades, and Trader Joe's shaving cream (honey mango).
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I use a Braun 8585 electric shaver because it has a self-cleaning function and I go over once with that and then use a Venus razor. Yes I use a Venus razor and I don't care.

Actually the logic is quite sound. I figure that a razor is a still just a razor no matter what colours the packet that it happens to come in is and since I can't very well see the point in buying different refill packs for both Mrs Rollo's and mine, I bought a Venus.

Fun Fact:
    It's estimated that at the rate razor blade technology has expanded in the past century, we will soon have razors with infinite blades; not just Mach 3, Fusion 4 or 14 as "That Mitchell and Webb Sound" suggested.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A full wet shave, in the barbershop of the hotel I was staying at in New Orleans sometime in the '70s, back when nicer hotels had stuff like that in the lobby. Hot towels, straight razor...the barber was great, I fell asleep 3 times. Wonderful! Every man, before he dies, owes himself a barbershop shave.

Nowadays, just a routine multibladed metal razor and whatever brand of shaving soap I grab and my mug and brush.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    When the Cleanaway garbage truck just missed me by inches; MAN, that was a close shave.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I don't shave anymore. So can't answer for the new blades, but I used to use a el cheapo electric razor.

I got so bored of shaving, it was once every couple of days, then twice a week, then every couple of weeks, I decided thats it, time for a beard.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy