Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Land Speed Record: Breedlove & Arfons photos

Hi everyone. Back in January I posted in the chit-chat section about a Land Speed Record website I've set up as an "extra" to my book Speed Duel: The Inside Story of the Land Speed Record in the Sixties (Oct. 2010, Firefly Books). I've finally got around to finishing up that website by adding a total of 90 more photos to the Craig Breedlove "Spirit of America" section (7 pages of photos now) and the Art Arfons "Green Monster" section (5 pages of photos now). For those of you who are interested in land speed racing history, the link is: http://www.samuelhawley.com/lsr.html

Enjoy!

Sam Hawley

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhawley
    Hi everyone. Back in January I posted in the chit-chat section about a Land Speed Record website I've set up as an "extra" to my book Speed Duel: The Inside Story of the Land Speed Record in the Sixties (Oct. 2010, Firefly Books). I've finally got around to finishing up that website by adding a total of 90 more photos to the Craig Breedlove "Spirit of America" section (7 pages of photos now) and the Art Arfons "Green Monster" section (5 pages of photos now). For those of you who are interested in land speed racing history, the link is: http://www.samuelhawley.com/lsr.html
    Good site. I remember quite well in the eighties when Art tried to use a new car with a J-85 how he regretted having sold the Green Monster that he battled Breedlove with.

At the time he said he knew that car was fast enough to take the title back from Richard Noble but the fellow he sold it to, who was afraid of it, wanted so much to sell it back he could not afford it.