Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bleating drivers

I am getting fed up with drivers bleating on about how rough their lot is. Here we have Rubens moaning that drivers have to take their eyes off the track to check how much KERS they are using and that the moveable rear wing might encourage drivers to go faster on hot laps.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89856

I wish they would just get on with it.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Heaven forfend if they had to change gear using a lever too.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Drivers have always been whiners, but that's a point I've been hammering on for a while now about the current crop or drivers. They are paid to drive, not talk. Shut up and drive.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Drivers have always been whiners, but that's a point I've been hammering on for a while now about the current crop or drivers. They are paid to drive, not talk. Shut up and drive.
    I would very much like to hear them talk, if they had something genuinely interesting to say.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with Rubens. Their job is to drive as fast as possible, but not to contort their bodies to make their cars function (F-duct 2010). Drivers now have to contend with flapping wings and standardized KERS, which are two ideas I hated from their conception. This isn't CART and both of these "passing measures" should be banned immediately. Drivers don't need another distraction in the cockpit, but I bet no one will listen until someone gets hurt.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I agree with Rubens. Their job is to drive as fast as possible, but not to contort their bodies to make their cars function (F-duct 2010). Drivers now have to contend with flapping wings and standardized KERS, which are two ideas I hated from their conception. This isn't CART and both of these "passing measures" should be banned immediately. Drivers don't need another distraction in the cockpit, but I bet no one will listen until someone gets hurt.
    Oh, yes, he does have a point about KERS, and I am against the concept of passing measures. But if F1 drivers in the past have been able to deal with changing gear manually, those of today ought to be able to operate a moveable rear wing safely.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Oh, yes, he does have a point about KERS, and I am against the concept of passing measures. But if F1 drivers in the past have been able to deal with changing gear manually, those of today ought to be able to operate a moveable rear wing safely.
    I don't think that's a fair comparison. Modern F1 cars are much more sophisticated today. The device that drivers use to maneuver their cars is no longer just a steering wheel, but a hub of other components and switches as well.

I bet Mark Webber was probably distracted at Valencia. How did he manage to slam into Kovy? I think he was tinkering with some gadgetry and lost his focus; then we saw a pretty horrific crash.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Last time I checked security was paramount in motorsports.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    I don't think that's a fair comparison. Modern F1 cars are much more sophisticated today. The device that drivers use to maneuver their cars is no longer just a steering wheel, but a hub of other components and switches as well.
    If there is a genuine hazard being caused by the plethora of buttons, etc, then it should be looked into by relevant experts.

Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Last time I checked security was paramount in motorsports.
    Last time I looked, a certain element of hazard was always inevitable in motorsport.

On second thoughts, maybe I shouldn't have written that, for I will now inevitably be (completely wrongly) accused by those who put two and two together and make five of wanting to see drivers hurt or killed.