Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXLD
    but Loeb wasn't retiring yet and Ogier mentality isn't the one to settle down and wait.
    2012 was exactly what he did after all. Just to explode this one. But on topic, Hirvonen isn't winning material imho. His only chance is this year in condition Polo is way behind pace of Citroen as most of the world believed not far long. After what we saw what happened here in Sweden, hard times are wating for him and Citroen.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For me, Mikko just has to win Mexico! I've been waiting long enough for his championship year.

Nobody get me wrong I like Ogier, but am I the only one remembering him going out time after time when leading ralllies in the past? That may be over now, it may have been a lot to do with his psychological state at Citroen, it may though be as I suspect that Ogier has an issue with keeping on the road when controlling the pace from the front. When he gets it right you get results like Sweden, but in the past he did that sometimes, other times not. In all though I'm waiting for Mexico before feeling that the Driver's Championship 2013 is already decided.
    "Second place - back to normal" - Mikko Hirvonen Mexico 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket
    For me, Mikko just has to win Mexico! I've been waiting long enough for his championship year.

Nobody get me wrong I like Ogier, but am I the only one remembering him going out time after time when leading ralllies in the past? That may be over now, it may have been a lot to do with his psychological state at Citroen, it may though be as I suspect that Ogier has an issue with keeping on the road when controlling the pace from the front. When he gets it right you get results like Sweden, but in the past he did that sometimes, other times not. In all though I'm waiting for Mexico before feeling that the Driver's Championship 2013 is already decided.
    I completely agree, I think in Mexico we will see where the championship contenders lie.

Ostberg has potential this year and so too Mikko, I just hope that they can take the fight to Oiger if the VW is as quick as it has been already.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    To me the next two rallies will reveal if Mikko can fight for this championship. I tend to doubt it but I will wait until after these two. If Ogier beats him in both and shows the ability to control himself then it looks bad for Mikko in my opinion.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Game over.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    He can say what he likes, Ogier will punish him all year long regardless.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket

maybe it is/was the same Loeb factor that crushed Duval, driving over the limit to menthal madness to show they are equal to Loeb. Ogier has now the guarentee that the team supports him fully, so he can stay within his limit
    R.I.P. all WRC heroes

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts

He is really starting to feel the pressure. I feel bad for him to a certain extent; I don't feel that he is a natural number 1 driver, yet here he is, not only in that position, but trying to fill the shoes of one of the best drivers of all time. It also appears that Citroen themselves are beginning to realise that they may have made a mistake.