Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Ogier will probably win in Portugal if everything goes ok with him, I remember hearing last year that his driving was much more kind to tyres and Loeb not so much, and in Portugal that is a big factor.

Anyway Im sure Citroen isn't going to tell Ogier to control his times by Loeb from the beggining, that is a bad decision in my point of view, because in the end what teams really want to see is one of their cars in the top of the podium.

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Ogier will probably win in Portugal if everything goes ok with him, I remember hearing last year that his driving was much more kind to tyres and Loeb not so much, and in Portugal that is a big factor..
    Are you sure about this?Ogier is always much more sideways than Loeb,from videos i ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis44
    Anyway Im sure Citroen isn't going to tell Ogier to control his times by Loeb from the beggining, that is a bad decision in my point of view, because in the end what teams really want to see is one of their cars in the top of the podium.
    And this they didn t see last 8 years with Loeb?
    Ogier is a citroen employe as Quesnel.They are paid for a reason and not for their ego,or their particular likes at drivers.Above them are marketing heads that want their decades millions of euros spent properly.Till now from results are spent properly,but balancies are very ''fragile''.
    I have to say that i like very much Ogier(specially his aggresive driving comparing to Loeb) but here i am talking about Quesnels choices/decisions.
    Ogier is 99% sure that is going to become world champion with his abilities and treatment from Citroens manager.But he has to wait some more,as we saw he is not so ''ready'' for this.Also i understant that Ogier is Quesnels creature, but he also must be patience with time.
    There are two subjects.One is about Quesnels decisions for his team which i doubt they are right.Another is about a free competition without team orders for a championship with a lot of dramas.I can say that i prefer the second!

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Are you sure about this?Ogier is always much more sideways than Loeb,from videos i ve seen.
    Im pretty positive I've heard this last year, his driving may be much more sideways but he manages his tires much better, and have you seen Loeb really pushing?! I've seen both fighting at the end of day 2 last year in Portugal and Loeb was as agressive if not even more than Ogier, and if both continue driving like this, Loeb will have problems aswell.

Regarding teams and Brands, perhaps Ford got the best result out of this rally but as a fan of the sport Citroen made the biggest impression, yeah both cars were not in the end but they showed supremacy and at the end of the day news were much more highlighted with Citroen pictures. What I am trying to say is that sometimes you make bigger impression even if not with the best result and that's what I think brands are looking for.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Citroen won the rally, so they'd get the most coverage.

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6789
    Citroen won the rally, so they'd get the most coverage.
    Sure Citroen won the rally, but took less points than Ford which were minutes back(Ford 33 points-Citroen 25 points)All these with Quesnels decision to free his drivers at second rally of year while back already in points from Sweden
    Championships(which is the target) don t win woth coverage but with points.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    its still very early.....hopefully the ford camp can do something otherwise its going to be a citroen sweep...

It was a bit stupid by quesnel to let them fight...but then again he did the right thing for sport, if he said to hold positions then everyone on here would bash quesnel like a snitchel before the grill.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Told here already several times that Ogier this year will go off the road several times and not win the championship in 2011.
    Loeb and Ogier are fast but there are many fast drivers who unfortunately have to do what the (only 2,5 ) teams decide in the modern WRC!
    I like that Mr. Quesnel make mistakes and says stupid things in the press before and after the rallies.
    Unfortunately, everything must go in WRC to his liking, which we alo saw in the IRC Monte Carlo his typically French stupid comments. mokin:
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    If i was Quesnel, I'd give Ogier one more chance at challenging Loeb for victory until another crash, and then it's No2 for him - supporting Loeb and picking up Manufacturer points. However, would Ogier accept this?
    This is why I'd like to see 3 cars teams...

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Unfortunate result for Citroen but a good decision for the sport because none of us wants to see any driver being told to drive slowly.
    Waiting for Subaru to come back to be :champion:

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonnyc4
    If Ogier had been told to play number 2 to Loeb everyone would be moaning that Citroen should let Seb 2.0 drive flat out and push Loeb.
    Apart from those two mistakes he drove a near perfect rally even driving first on the road Saturday and 1 Stage Sunday, for me im glad there allowed to fight each other, its about time Loeb was pushed by a team mate.
    I understand the position team bosses are put in but I too would love to somehow see the drivers pushing each other to the limit with no team orders on every single event.
    The only way to allow that would be the highest placed car for each manufacturer scoring sole manufacturers points. The drivers championship would then become a real, fair and open championship and the sport would benefit from it very much.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!