Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikkonenRules
    Peter Vuko's dominating already Where's BJB when you need him?

My ears are burning!!!

I might have a go now although I'm rubbish at the Australian tracks and I've had a little to drink.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    wow, i was running 1:13's flat out

I was hitting the turns nearly perfect and I'm still 5 seconds a lap slower than PV and 3 seconds on everyone else.

any tips
    If I remember right, there's only two turns you need to really slow down for.

Brake hard at the last turn marker for each of them (50), flat out for everything else.

For fast laps, save the boost for where you really need it, and only hit the boost right after a gear shift so you get the maximum out of it.

These cars have a ton of grip, so they're very quick to drive.

I didn't do a lot of setup work for the track, I know there's more speed in the car than what I was able to show.
    =NBW=LugnutUSA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    harv - did you mess with the set-up? I went full hard & full stiff, ride height of .1, no wings at all, and full camber front & rear, with a little bit of front toe-in.

I didn't mess with the gearing but someone else did & said that made a huge difference too.
    "Approach racing like billiards - bash the ball too hard, get nowhere." Juan Manuel Fangio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    wow, i was running 1:13's flat out

I was hitting the turns nearly perfect and I'm still 5 seconds a lap slower than PV and 3 seconds on everyone else.

any tips
    the are a few corners where if you're not on the right line you have to slow right down rather than being flat out, i guess you're going wrong there, my fastest laps where only possible by slipstream in the races, qualy and practice times where slower. quite close so far, altho people have benchmarks to beat now

im running standard setup btw
    team156.co.uk