Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Don't panic Mr Mannering

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Has the United Nations Participation Act been "struck down as unconstitutional"?
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    No, .
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Thank you.

But hey, Jude, don't ignore the rest.............

Have you never seen Cousin Vinny? Best movie ever made about lawyers. At the end, his girlfriend is asked a question about tires marks, and she says "NO"

So to parapharase her, "well, Hello, you can not answer that question cause that is impossible....."

See it is the amended act of 1949, not the one you reference.

It would be impossible "to strike down" the original act "as unconstitutional" due to the absence of standing and a justicible controversy. Or to make it simple, any such ruling would be moot and merely advisory, since that Act does not exist no more.

And for all their many sins, the Supreme Court does try to avoid making rulings that would be on "moot points".

As I quoted in the other thread, those amendments make it clear that the President can not do what he did under the UN Act as amended.

Duh,

Peacekeepers, yeah, maybe, if no more than a 1,000......remember Blackhawk Down, all the talk where they had to sit there and watch civilains be machine gunned, because they could not fire at them UNLESS FIRED UPON....and why there was no more than a thousand......

Hey that was when Hillary and Bill were president......she knew it then. Guess she needs a little impeachment herself. Accessory to the crime??? wonder if she got some sort of immunity?
    Does this make the two (Hilliary and Obama) "war criminals"?

where is that court that was so gung ho to prosecute Bush and crew????

Where is the outcry from the leftist press??
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I was actually thanking you for answering a direct question with a direct answer
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    I was actually thanking you for answering a direct question with a direct answer, but it seems it wasn't quite so direct after all
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    This has to be the worst idea ever. Not that killing that useless SOB Gaddafi would be a bad thing, but this no fly zone. I know PM Cameron was itching to show how tough he is, and Sarkozy is about the only guy in France in power with a set, but this was just a bad idea, and Hillary pushed Obama into it about 10 days too late...

If they were to do a no fly, they should have done it before Gaddafi took back over half the country. To do it now, it stupid, a waste of resources, and if they don't get rid of Gaddafi, they will have to deal with him in some form. Obama hasn't the stones to do it, so why even entertain any of this? The US people don't want more boots on the ground of another Islamic crap hole where their boys are targets.

And for what? I still have yet to see where the oil went to the US from Iraq. That war was about regime change and taking out a threat with WMD's (or at least that was the initial intelligence, we all know how that went south!). It sure as hell wasn't a war for cheap oil, because No one is shooting in Iraq now, the oil wells are flowing and the price is still up.

No, the US and the rest of the west should have looked the Saudi's, Egyptians, Turks and the rest of the Arab League and said, "we sell you stuff to defend yourselves with, solve this one with your own stuff. The Saudi's can write the check"....

Gaddafi is a clown, a thug, and a war criminal. Using weapons on his own people to hang onto power with mercenearies is the lowest he has gone since Lockerbie. The SOB should have been dealt with years go for all his work supporting terrorists but wasn't. Now Mr. NCAA Brackets is in power, and we have another consensus exercise that wont do squat.

Bad, bad, bad idea....because the only way the West looks anywhere competant is they have to ensure the rebels win and Gaddafi goes down, and they cant do that with a No Fly......and they don't have the balls to try to sell yet another war to a tired and annoyed populace.

Yet another reason Obama is starting to make John McCain look better....McCain wouldn't have been sucked into this without figured out what he needed for parameters. A winning war is what any nation needs to get involved, a clear goal. Here....there is no goal really....just some vague ideas....

God...he is even making Bill Clinton look better as a president this Obama fella...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    This has to be the worst idea ever. Not that killing that useless SOB Gaddafi would be a bad thing, but this no fly zone. I know PM Cameron was itching to show how tough he is, and Sarkozy is about the only guy in France in power with a set, but this was just a bad idea, and Hillary pushed Obama into it about 10 days too late...

If they were to do a no fly, they should have done it before Gaddafi took back over half the country. To do it now, it stupid, a waste of resources, and if they don't get rid of Gaddafi, they will have to deal with him in some form. Obama hasn't the stones to do it, so why even entertain any of this? The US people don't want more boots on the ground of another Islamic crap hole where their boys are targets.

And for what? I still have yet to see where the oil went to the US from Iraq. That war was about regime change and taking out a threat with WMD's (or at least that was the initial intelligence, we all know how that went south!). It sure as hell wasn't a war for cheap oil, because No one is shooting in Iraq now, the oil wells are flowing and the price is still up.

No, the US and the rest of the west should have looked the Saudi's, Egyptians, Turks and the rest of the Arab League and said, "we sell you stuff to defend yourselves with, solve this one with your own stuff. The Saudi's can write the check"....

Gaddafi is a clown, a thug, and a war criminal. Using weapons on his own people to hang onto power with mercenearies is the lowest he has gone since Lockerbie. The SOB should have been dealt with years go for all his work supporting terrorists but wasn't. Now Mr. NCAA Brackets is in power, and we have another consensus exercise that wont do squat.

Bad, bad, bad idea....because the only way the West looks anywhere competant is they have to ensure the rebels win and Gaddafi goes down, and they cant do that with a No Fly......and they don't have the balls to try to sell yet another war to a tired and annoyed populace.

Yet another reason Obama is starting to make John McCain look better....McCain wouldn't have been sucked into this without figured out what he needed for parameters. A winning war is what any nation needs to get involved, a clear goal. Here....there is no goal really....just some vague ideas....

God...he is even making Bill Clinton look better as a president this Obama fella...
    Hush up, you will upset the Englander liberals, left, right, center or whatever moniker Dunnel and crew wish to hang on themselves....

The problem with these countries is like a dog chasing a car; once the dog catches it what is he gonna do with it.
    Been almost 20 years since the first Gulf war started, and yet the whole mess has been in constant conflict for about the last 20 years.

How long have american tanks been sitting in Bagdad?
    How long have americans been on the ground in Afganistan??
    How much money have we spent??
    How much have we been paid back for saving them from themselves?

How long would they be sitting in Libya?

How much more money shall we spend?

And when the man asks how many more shall we kill, the answer is more and more....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hush up, you will upset the Englander liberals, left, right, center or whatever moniker Dunnel and crew wish to hang on themselves....

The problem with these countries is like a dog chasing a car; once the dog catches it what is he gonna do with it.
    Been almost 20 years since the first Gulf war started, and yet the whole mess has been in constant conflict for about the last 20 years.

And when the man asks how many more shall we kill, the answer is more and more....
    Difficult to argue with you.

However, if the UN and League of Arab Nations have agreed a strategy, we have to hope they have it right.

Personally, I think we should leave them to it and concentrate on our own Country but that's just me and my desire not to go meddleing in other Countries business.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

I actually don't care what ya' 'awl boys are on about. Now that two more Arab nations and Turkey have jumped on the band wagon this morning, I'm pretty sure the rest of the coalition can handle it.

"Thank ya' 'awl boys for the help we'll take it from here mokin:

Actually the reason I'm posting is "Easy" is conspicuous by his absence. Is he ok? Did he just get fed up with this BS site!?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts

You may very well be right about all of that. But I think you misunderstand the extent to which those of us who are not vehemently against what's going on in Libya are also vehemently in favour of it.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

I liked your style so much more when you had a sense of humor.
    Your scaring me 'cause I think you might be getting serious
    You miss Easy don't you? I miss him too.
    What's up with that?
    Come on bro.
    I quit keeping score after Cinco de Mayo.

Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant.

Or as Ratso Rizzo said just before he reached the promised land:
    " 'ey Cowboy, I don't think I can walk no more."
    May the forza be with you