Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Nationwide Series has all been killed off, Nascar coulda put a stop of forcing Cup drivers in the top 35 in their respected points not be allowed to drive, Attendance has normally always been poor with Cup drivers, fans are tired of seeing the same people win, Hendrick/Roush/KHI/ Gibbs all should have new people in their cars. so far the Nationwide series is only about 15 -20 cars that are actually kinda competitive, and there are less than 10 cars at most up for a win. put new drivers in and let some new blood come in, maybe that will bring in fans to see new drivers and not people from the Cup Series steal all the attention
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by harvick#1
    The Nationwide Series has all been killed off, Nascar coulda put a stop of forcing Cup drivers in the top 35 in their respected points not be allowed to drive, Attendance has normally always been poor with Cup drivers, fans are tired of seeing the same people win, Hendrick/Roush/KHI/ Gibbs all should have new people in their cars. so far the Nationwide series is only about 15 -20 cars that are actually kinda competitive, and there are less than 10 cars at most up for a win. put new drivers in and let some new blood come in, maybe that will bring in fans to see new drivers and not people from the Cup Series steal all the attention
    This is where we will always disagree. If Harvick,Cuz,Shrub,Kes and co werent in the race I wouldn't have even bothered to watch it, and most people I know around where I live agree with me on that.

I will (and secretly always have) agree with you on one thing. Harvick kinda set the tone in 2001 and took it way too far when he did so well in both series setting off a flood of cup drivers/teams vying for the nationwide championsip that NASCAR would have done well to have barred them from winning the championship much sooner than they did. Drivers like DW, Dale Sr, and of course, Mark Martin, had been dabbling in the series for years before Harv came along, and in 2000 a Nationwide only team (PPC Racing set a MOV record that was only outdone ONCE in the Latford era in ANY of the National Series (by Harvick in 2006).

But then Harv in 2001 and again in 2006 proved that running for championships in 2 series was not only feasable, but for some luck in a couple of 2006 chase races Harv could have pulled off the DOUBLE. Same for Cuz in 2008. I will agree that had they not been allowed to run for the championship most of the drivers would have scaled back some (Harv has already seriously curtailed the number of Natwide races he is running this year regardless of the decision by Nascar, and is giving up 2 more of his drives to Scott Speed later in the year).

I think that the Nationwide only drivers say it best. They want the Cup drivers there, they want a chance to measure up against the best, and although Im not real fond of the new Bri-Bri system, the fact that the championship will be won by one of them is and added plus. I think the sponsorship thing will come around full circle when the companies doing the sponsoring really realise that the championship is going to be won by one of these kids that they will start demanding that the teams start putting some young talent in these cars, and maybe we won't be having most of them jumping ship to Cup rides so fast either.

Anyone remember the story of Rick Hendrick asking DW what he thought about Jeff Gordon when he first put him in the 24? I think that young car smasher turned out just fine. Same with Jimmie Johnson, Matt Kenseth, Dale Jr and Harvick. I think the Allgaiers and Baynes of the world are well on their way to stardom in the future when ever the "old crowd" starts retiring from Cup. I think everything will be just fine down the road talent wise, now that the Nationwide (and Truck drivers) have a chance to shine.

But they wouldn't be "shining" if they didnt have the Cup guys to race against because nobody would be seeing them race.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roy
    Congratulations Danicafan.
    He'll claim to be an oracle now, never mind he's been predicting it for EVERY race regardless. One was bound to come off in the end.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Slo, I will disagree with you, cause its nice to see them Sunday, but some of the unknown drivers usually put on better races at the races when the Cup guys were miles away. They knew they got a better shot to win over a guy with years and years experience. Its really dumb having Cup drivers in a AAA series. only pro's go back after a injury and have been out for a long time, but they dont spend all year playing it along with their normal schedule.

and Harvick kinda set it in 2001, he was forced into a Cup seat and that was when more races were Busch only races like at Pikes Peak, Nazareth, Milwaukee, Memphis, etc...
    Brian France is a violation of Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That figures, no credit to Danica when its due. She ran a GREAT race, period! She will win a couple Nationwide races this year, I cant feel it. I am so proud of her and excited. Like she said in her interview.... There will be more "firsts" from her....
    Danica Patrick- 2013 Sprint Cup Series Champion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't find my copy of Webster's 5th. Can somebody please post the definition of moron up here for me please? Oh, wait....nevermind.
    It isn't the car Danica...it is the space between the steering wheel and the seat.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanicaFan
    That figures, no credit to Danica when its due.
    You're hardly in a position to complain are you, as you give her endless credit when none is due whatsoever. This is just the opposite side of that particular coin. I'll happily give her credit for a good race when you stop making endless excuses for a poor one.
    No longer active on this forum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That figures, no credit to Danica when its due. She ran a GREAT race, period! She will win a couple Nationwide races this year, I cant feel it. I am so proud of her and excited. Like she said in her interview.... There will be more "firsts" from her....
    You were doing so well in the first sentence and then..............
    I read it on the internet, so it must be true

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Like she said in her interview.... There will be more "firsts" from her....

1. First time she ever admits a mistake?
    2. First time she ever wins a professional race on speed and racing talent?
    3. First time she is ever seen with her "husband" in public in this decade?
    4. First time she is ever used by Andretti Autosport to help set up a car?
    5. First time she gets her high school diploma?

Those would all be "pioneering" things for her to accomplish.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slorydn1
    She did make a couple of quality passes today, I will give her that much.
    Yes she passed Trevor Bayne, who admitted afterward his car was a piece of crap. He said he had a 15th place car and lucked into a 5th place. Her move to the front was because of crashes and others pitting for gas.

She has a 15th place car, lucks into a 4th place finish and some fools here and at other racing sites are ready for her to go to Cup.

She is as good as gone from Indy Car anyway. Just get it over with already.