Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like WGN because their weather covers more area and gives one an idea of where and why weather fronts are moving. (Their maps go way into Canada)

Much better than the Twin Cities stations.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    I wonder how many news stations around the world, give a weather report for the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6y9udeMVw
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    I wonder how many news stations around the world, give a weather report for the world.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L6y9udeMVw
    Question.
    I cannot play this on Opera because the flash player needs updating. I can watch it on Internet Explorer or Firefox.
    No matter what I do this one month old Toshiba will not update Opera. It used to work.

I even reloaded Opera.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    BBC news by a mile.
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I am going to be a homer, and take CTV News. I think when major events hit, I will hit FOX and CNN, and BBC if I get get it.

I don't think it is wise to take one side of things, and sometimes one network will be more accurate and informative than others.

ON this disaster, I surfed a lot, and most had the same footage.....all from NHK. NHK should get an award for chronicling the destruction of their own country and still getting the story out...

For the written word? I like National Post (Canada) Globe and Mail, WSJ, Detroit Free Press, Washington Times, The Guardian and Times of London.... and the Sun Newspaper ( Canadian Sun, not the UK one with the topless women!)chain's online services.
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All national channels but the state-owned one are quite good here

CNN does the rest for international news

and Telesur AKA "Chavez all day round" gives a good comic relief
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    The old Speed channel before Fox bought it and took it nascar, tow truck family, pinks, et al, bare nett auction, yadada
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by markabilly
    The old Speed channel before Fox bought it and took it nascar, tow truck family, pinks, et al, bare nett auction, yadada

Loved Speedvision. Pretty much hate Speed Channel. If not for F1, GP2 and a few miscellaneous *racing* shows, I'd never turn it on. But I used to have a monitor set up in my home office that played Speedvision ALL THE TIME - the logo was actually burned into the screen. I still miss Legends of Motorsports and Victory by Design.

I think the rise of reality TV corresponds to the decrease in the intelligence of the American people. That's my theory and I'm stickin' with it.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    I am going to be a homer, and take CTV News. I think when major events hit, I will hit FOX and CNN, and BBC if I get get it.

I don't think it is wise to take one side of things, and sometimes one network will be more accurate and informative than others.

ON this disaster, I surfed a lot, and most had the same footage.....all from NHK. NHK should get an award for chronicling the destruction of their own country and still getting the story out...

For the written word? I like National Post (Canada) Globe and Mail, WSJ, Detroit Free Press, Washington Times, The Guardian and Times of London.... and the Sun Newspaper ( Canadian Sun, not the UK one with the topless women!)chain's online services.
    I have had the opprtunity to catch some CTV news that was re-broadcast on C-SPAN here during your elections a few years back and I was impressed. The reporters actually seemed knowledgeable about the issues being discussed and didnt seem like they were talking just to hear themselves talk like on our "news" stations.
    #4 2014 Sprint Cup Champion, 2007 Daytona 500,2003 Brickyard 400,2x Coke 600,2014 Southern 500 Champ: 962 starts,90 wins, 345 T5s, 544 T10s, 44 poles, 2x NNS champ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior
    I think the rise of reality TV corresponds to the decrease in the intelligence of the American people. That's my theory and I'm stickin' with it.
    I agree. Hell, that's probably why I don't watch much television. The only reason I turn on the tube is to watch a show called Globe Trekker, which most people from my generation wouldn't have the attention span to enjoy.

Today's "news" is sensationalist and deals mostly with confrontation, but not debate. My favorite reporter was Ted Koppel and he did a magnificent job of relaying the news without bias. You won't find that anywhere today. Networks are too busy trying to pick a fight, but not really stating any solutions.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011