Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts

What is the best television news show/station you have watched?

I thought about this when I was holidaying in New Zealand - for me, I was extremely impressed by Al Jazeera. It wasn't just conveying the news, it was also the sharp interviewing by the hosts towards guests. I wish more television news of that quality was televised in free-to-air in Australia.

So what's your favourite news station/show on television?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Fox. Gotta love a bit of comedy
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Fox. Gotta love a bit of comedy

True. They do a great job making light of the stupidity and bias of the other networks.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    SBS World News Australia draws on reports from the BBC, CNN, Sky, FOX, CBS, ABC, NBC as well as more than forty foreign language services. SBS also has the largest subtitling service in the world.
    As far as news goes in Australia it has a far broader and wider outlook than all the commercial stations as well as the ABC.

It's still nothing to the on the ground reporters that the BBC World Service has. Thankfully, SBS also carries a transmission of the BBC World Service on DAB under the SBS6 slot.
    Radio is usually a faster medium than television; you don't have to sit in one spot to listen to it. You can even listen to radio in the car or whilst walking.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Seriously.

Bloomberg, CNBC, Fox Business, Fox, Telemundo.

On-line Mostly news gatherers like Drudge, Daily Caller, Business insider. And of course the WSJ & FT.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Seriously.

Daily Show, Colbert Report and 10 O'CLock Live
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I get all my news from Twitter.

Honestly, I get most of it online from Bloomberg Businessweek, WSJ, FOX, and a few other sources (I'm admittedly conservative, despite being a young person in Massachusetts, so I suppose that's an influence). Not sure what news program I'd watch on TV; I've tried them all and none really stood out. FOX and FOX Business probably have better guests for my interests, but for nightly news, I just have no preference.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Bloomberg News.

I've watched CNBC and Fox Business News over the years. IMO, neither comes close to the high standard that Bloomberg sets for the delivery of (data driven) financial news. Both CNBC and Fox Business rely too heavily on political opinion givers, who try to pass their fare off as "fundamentals". Politics can and does affect financial markets, equities and debt. But before hearing them chatter about politics, I want to know about the financial health of the underlying company FIRST! And neither CNBC nor Fox do much of anything in regard to (true) technical analysis. CNBC has gotten weak and Fox was pretty much a non-player on that topic from the word "go". When John Bollinger was around, that was certainly NOT the case. Before CNBC took it over, there was FNN (Financial News Network). But except for Bill Griffith and Sue Herrera, all of the old FNN people are now gone from CNBC. Ron Insana and John Bollinger were two of the best that FNN/CNBC had. But they've been replaced by more "entertaining" people, who seem to be there because of their faux wit, pretty faces and/or large breasts (Michelle Caruso-Cabrera). I do enjoy the news delivery of Maria Bartiromo and Becky Quick though. They're both bright, knowledgeable and rational. But CNBC has gone the Fox News/Business News route, by hiring too many "pretty faces" and chatter boxes, whose main purpose is to entertain viewers who don't know that much about the financial markets to begin with. CNBC does produce some pretty incredible special reports and documentaries though.

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera. Not much in the face dept., but not hired because of her brains either.

P.S. The Nightly Business Report is also a fine program. But I don't get PBS right now, so I can't watch it any longer.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    RT - has a few worthwhile docos at times. Some of their interviewers are particularly sharp. Gotta luv the hotties with the mixed Russian/ North American accented English.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts