Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowndeco
    Does anyone actually think that the guys complaining about this in this thread will not watch because they think it's too cheesy? No. Is there a chance a few people might just tune in to check it out? IMO, yes.

50/50 odds NASCAR tries this in the next 2 years as well.
    I'm not complaining. And I won't be watching.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by px400r
    I'm not complaining. And I won't be watching.
    Which begs the question, why are you posting here?

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    The second (sprint) race in superleague and A1GP was also inverted wasn't it?
    Superleague yes, A1GP no. And the likes of GP2, Formula 3 (Euroseries and now Britain too) and various touring car series, among others, run some kind of reverse grid for second (or third, where applicable) races these days.

If it's a double-header event, why not randomise (sorry, randomize - it is the US after all ) the field for race one and simply reverse that same grid for race two. You could still award a point to the fastest driver in a qualifying-style session and, if need be, that session could eliminate slower cars as it normally would.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Formula Psychic, where the grid for race 1 is based on the results of race 2
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Which begs the question, why are you posting here?

Gary
    Just exercising my right. The slow death of AOWR is also fascinating- just like that accident you must look at as you drive past.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is the sort of thing seen in lower level amateur competitions or an exhibition event. Random grids are not the sort of thing that is done by a top level professional racing series for a points race. I think it just shows how low Indycar has dropped and the level of desparation now setting in.

If they want to try this, why don't they just have an all star night with a $1 million prize and no points? Yes it can be entertaining, but should not be part of the championship.
    Q: Juan, can you explain your gesture on the last lap to Michael?
    JPM: I just said ‘what happened, what were you thinking’. That’s all.
    MS: I thought you were congratulating me.
    JPM: I never do actually.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just because it's never been done doesn't mean it shouldn't be or can't be, though. There's nothing about what a top level series needs to be or should be or anything like that. They have to stand out, rather than do what every other series does. Drivers and teams have the security of the first race, and the loss of half-points won't be too bad should this ruin their second race. New ideas and keeping things fresh is a must; what they've been doing hasn't worked, so why keep doing that? Give it a chance, I say. No need to have stuffy notions of what "top level" constitutes. To me, it's all just racing, and to the casual fan, it's the same. You want it to have some significance and not just be a circus, and I don't think this takes it to the circus level at all.