Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rollo, you got this spot on....if not his choice
    JPM
    Eddie Irvine
    Jackie stewart

I'd love to have Murray Walker there but according to these rules I'm not allowed Murray
    Indy cars says bye to Sky. Yeah baby.......

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    1. Tommy Byrne: his book was a fantastic read and I'm intrigued to hear how he carries on. I'd say he is real "down to earth" person.
    2. Perry McCarthy: seems like a nice bloke to talk to and would be up for a laugh. I'd say he has some good stories.
    3. Ayrton Senna: an intriguing character who would be a very special person to meet. It would be some experience, I'd imagine.
    Tír gan teanga, tír gan anam

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Sensible choice: Mario Andretti, Gurney, Moss
    There, obviously, speaks a true enthusiast. Forget all these people from the past 20 years — I would most probably go for exactly those three.

Though, I must say, Don's comment about some of the lesser-known figures being of potentially greater interest has much merit.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Dinner

Could I take Jim Clark,Juan Pablo Montoya and Wolfgang vin Trips .and the girls from Hooters to serve the drinks!

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Gilles - purely for the hero worship factor,
    Alan Jones - also for the hero worship, but also for the conversation (argument?) with Gilles about some of the races they had back in the day. I have fond memories of watching these on TV in the wee small hours as a lad. Oh, and he hates a beer...
    James Hunt - for the same reason as GW, 'cos Jonesy and Gilles will have either "taken it outside", or passed out from trying to out drink one another. Hunt could party most people into a coma, I recon.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Clark and MS

Because they were/are in such different eras, along with Mario Andretti, who drove cars from the 1960's to the 1990's (about the only driver who competitively drove cars through the non-winged and winged eras although stewart and some others drove a bit into the partially winged era) and who can be excellent at conversation about cars and racing when he wants to be....would like to toss in Moss, Gurney and Senna for some spark to the conversation if I could
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Senna, G. Villeneuve, Chapman.

Because if I could also resurrect people from death to come to a dinner with me, I would very much like to know, what would those guys think about current developments in F1, but also in life in general.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Ayrton
    Eddie Irvine
    James Hunt

I'd also invite Murray Walker, Henri Toivenen, Ari Vatanen and Marcus Gronhom if allowed.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Senna. Needs no explanation. Just want to hear what the great man has to say. And his personality would be a treat at the dinner table!

Webber. Im Aussie, he's Aussie. It's a fanboy thing!

Newey. Would love to hear this man speak half-way through a bottle of red. The kinda guy you have a notepad and tape recorder whenever he says something, even 'pass the salt'.

Missed out:
    Bernie, he'd make my extended bench - err table - but I think he's be boring and obnoxious.
    Schumacher, a champion for sure but I don't thinkl you could get him to open up too easily and a closed Schumacher would be a horrible tease.
    Coulthard, would love his personality at the table. Forever the prankster. Of all the guys in F1 I think he and Webber would be the best to get drunk with!
    Heikki, a prankter from way back.
    Ayrton Senna, Legend. R.I.P.

\"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver. Because we are competing. We are competing to win. And the main motivation to all of us is to compete for a victory. It is not to come third, fourth, fifth or sixth. I race to win\".