Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
Joking about what?
He didn't say he was going to sxceed the limit, only that he did not agree with it.

And It has gone over another members head that he was speaking figuratively about the falling asleep comment.
Now , just hold on a minute , Traz man .
Of course he isn't actually going to fall asleep , but don't you think it a bit foolish to make a stand against such basic issues as safety and economy on the road ?

If it was all in jest , then he should come out with a statement that says something like : "It means that I can't drive my race car home from my workplace , dammit !" .

As it stands , he is being portrayed very poorly in the press , with headlines like this .

I get what he says , as I have experienced , as most have , the feeling of coming off the big highway where you were flowing along with traffic at 130kph , and dropping into a zone where you can run just 90kph . It seems like time has slowed down , not just you .

It's a fine line they have to walk in the sanitized world of F1 , where they need to be portrayed as daredevils while still toeing the corporate line .
With the oil world melting , it's hardly smart to encourage the public to go against conservation .