Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Dang, I miss the Jordan Mugen Honda. "Buzzin Hornets" was the best fake tobacco name, although "Look Alike" was also clever

Forgot about Jordan, I was thinking of Ligier-Mugen.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Meccachrome is the company which built the Renault V10s

Mugan developed the Honda V10s in the 90s

It's corporate BS. No different to Ilmors being badged as Mercs or Cosworths badged as Fords or Jaguar.

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    Wow, that's a surprise to me! It means that Infiniti is serious about tackling the German three in Europe... or in Asia?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alcatraz
    Dang, I miss the Jordan Mugen Honda. "Buzzin Hornets" was the best fake tobacco name

The best was "Be on edge", that is the real name with some of the letters blacked out.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    presumabley Mark Webber will be sidelined with a mysterious mountain bike injury and replaced by Buzz Lightyear now?
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Well this seems like a good idea by Renault-Nissan to help promote Infinite in Europe, especially with all the added exposure of powering arguably the most serious championship contenders this year. I actually think the name 'Infinite' also fits in with Red Bull's brand image for some reason, and with free engines this is great news for all parties.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They should rebadge the Team Lotus engines as "Dacia" to get even for the whole naming rights debate. :P

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Red Bull Renault is dead. Long live Red Bull Renault.

Red Bull rumour is Bull... a red bull.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89677
    Infiniti has no desire for Red Bull Racing's Renault engines to be rebadged under its own name as part of its commercial tie-up with the world championship-winning team, despite wild claims this week about such a move.
    Widespread media reports incorrectly suggested that Infiniti's partnership with Red Bull Racing would result in the Milton Keynes-based outfit rebranding its Renault engines for 2011.

Seeing as rumour is obviously filling up motorsport writer's inboxes, how about this?

I will sponsor Red Bull Racing for an undisclosed fee worth a particular number of hundred million pounds to rebrand their engines as "Sausages". The new Red Bull-Sausages will also feature the logo of a Krakowska on the engine covers.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Errr... Doesn't Renault own Nissan?

So... Lotus Renault, Renault Lotus and now Renault Nissan Red Bull?

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    So its still only a rumour? This story has been kicking around for weeks and they are still making it up.
    Joe Saward is claiming credit for breaking the story, only to have it copied by the BBC then others. Comments on his blog are pointing out that while he may have predicted a tie-up of some sort, he got many of the details completely wrong.
    http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/...niti-confirms/
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    so no rebadging, this is just a sponsorship issue, although technically Infiniti will supply money (from Nissan), which will go straight out of the door to Renault for the £7-8m for the engine supply. still boosts the budget though.

and Renault do not own Nissan, they own around 40% of Nissan, and Nissan in turn own around 15% of Renault.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.