Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I'm not sure I would agree with that. I would place him on a pedestal far, far above any other politician I can think of in the Western world in terms of standards of conduct. Compulsive liar, though? Compulsive crook, maybe, but not sure about liar.
    I hate politics but I do read a lot and I do speak with many many people living in different western countries, that's why I totally disagree with you. All politician are as bad as Berlusconi...no exceptions.

btw I've lived for years both in France, UK, Spain, Germany and Denmark so I know what I am talking about
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    I hate politics but I do read a lot and I do speak with many many people living in different western countries, that's why I totally disagree with you. All politician are as bad as Berlusconi...no exceptions.

btw I've lived for years both in France, UK, Spain, Germany and Denmark so I know what I am talking about
    pino, with respect, you are utterly wrong. I have worked in politics myself. From personal experience, there is nobody I have ever encountered who even approaches the nature of Berlusconi. The whole state of Italian politics troubles me far more than does the situation in any other western European country, as well. The behaviour of your politicians would simply not be tolerated in most other places I can think of.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    I wonder what the underlying psychological reasons for these traits must be? The first example above is more obvious but with the fake cop you would have no idea if you met him that he could have had this alter-ego or attempted to live out this fantasy...
    Me too. I must say I find this business of impersonating a police officer being a criminal offence in some countries, including the UK, to be rather strange. And then there's this...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ined-1700.html

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As for Burlisconi, all I have read is in the tabloids and he seems to be quite a gregarious character. If I was an advisor, I might suggest he beware the ides of March as the knives seem to be out.

Whether he is guilty of the accusations or perhaps the victim of political opportuning that he has brought onto himself by some questionable personal activity is anyones guess.

He's certainly someone I'd like to have at one of my parties though

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Berlusconi is a legend! Completely morally corrupt (I have no idea why Pino says he's no worse than other politicians) and the fact that he's got such a media empire is questionable, but you've got to admire the balls of the man.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I think that part of the domestic distain is that Italy has a very high percentage of citizens that are passionately PDS and PRC. Then you have Berlusconi who is an over the top capitalist (a crooked one at that) that owns a large part of what is Italian. I remember when Tony Blair would come to the US and stay at Dubaya's Texas Ranch. Then when he went to Italy he stayed at Berlusconi's Ranch. That guy has made way too much money, as a sitting Prime Minister.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Didn't we discuss The Godfa.....sorry Berlusconi before with similar results, everybody outside Italy thinks he is a total crook...
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    pino, with respect, you are utterly wrong. I have worked in politics myself. From personal experience, there is nobody I have ever encountered who even approaches the nature of Berlusconi. The whole state of Italian politics troubles me far more than does the situation in any other western European country, as well. The behaviour of your politicians would simply not be tolerated in most other places I can think of.
    Compared to someone like ted "murder" kennedy, Berlusconi is an innocent angel.

As for the thread, I have met my share of liars in my life and it really boggles the mind why one would lie about totally irrelevant things all the time, but I found an easy cure - I started cutting out those people.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker
    Compared to someone like ted "murder" kennedy, Berlusconi is an innocent angel.

As for the thread, I have met my share of liars in my life and it really boggles the mind why one would lie about totally irrelevant things all the time, but I found an easy cure - I started cutting out those people.
    Seriously, Ted Kennedy was a small fish compared to Silvio.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2010/1...6AI5D120101119
    “Leave me alone!”

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Berlusconi is a small fish compared to any husband that gets hit with the "...does this dress...shoes with this purse...fat...do you like my hair this way?..." questions all the time.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.