Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Compulsive liars.

Do you know any? What's the biggest whopper they've told you?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    There's one with a stable yard near my own and he's terrible!

Only a week or two ago I got a message from somebody on a horse forum saying her yard owner (the liar) had chased two specific named horse dealers off his yard in the early hours as they tried to nick her horse. What he didn't realise was that when he told her, she'd tell anyone she thought was in the same county on the internet.

Including me and the two men he claimed to have chased off.
    These are not two men anyone sane would argue with ..... and pikey horse dealers who've gone straight but still enjoy boxing aren't the best of enemies

I find his stories entertaining in a perverse way
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Many politicans....but i always thought that Billy Clinton was the very best: "I smoked but i did not inhale". "I never had sex with Monica", (hey, "I do not call getting that, " as having sex"") an on and on.....

Funny is that when I would see him on TV and say these things, I would believe him.....not olny compulsive but very beleivable.

Of course later, when I stop and think about it, it is clear that it was far less than honest, but he just had this way of being so believable, not only to me but to many others--the secret of his success, I guess.

Some years ago, I knew this land developer. He had this way of just denying the obvious, that you would still believe him. He could look at you and say, "why are you standing there, in front of everyone, butt-ass naked??"

I gurantee that your response would be to start grabbing for your clothes and after feeling them, think those clothes are not really there, and I must be going insane and imagining I have my clothes on......

Anyway, after a while, I came to the conclusion that he would end up president of the USA or in jail.

I was wrong.

First, he was not born in the USA (but I am sure he could have come up with a story better than Obama on that point)--what happenned was that he fled to Brazil where he is at today before the feds could indict himand put him in jail. I understand there might still be warrants out for him.....I am not sure why he ran, because I think he could have taken the stand, no matter the evidence, and walked that case out the door. Guess he did not want to pay all those lawyers or whatever....
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I find compulsive liars fascinating, you know they're lying, they know that you know and they still go on telling tall tales
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I find compulsive liars fascinating, you know they're lying, they know that you know and they still go on telling tall tales
    My feelings exactly. I used to work with one. A sad mama's boy who still lived at home in his 30's, who, in various stories, tried to make us believe he was, ex SAS, a LeMans team owner, engaged to a Texan female Bull Riding champion (who sadly died after being bit by a snake) etc etc.

I don't get it. I really don't.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    I recall once being on a bus to Norwich, on which was a young bloke telling the person next to him of his various special forces exploits. Needless to say, the conversation my friend and I had been having ceased — as did almost all others — in favour of listening to these wonderful tales.

The person who otherwise springs to mind is Jeffrey Archer. Read his life history in detail, particularly as chronicled by Michael Crick's biography of him, and one sees a man seemingly unable to cease being untruthful even about matters that are easy to prove. There is no doubt that this behaviour is indicative of psychological problems.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Wade91?
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    Wade91?
    If, indeed, he actually exists.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Question #1: Women.

Question #2: "I'm fine."
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011