Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A surpirse only to self-centered twits

Anyone who is surprised by this is either deliberately ignorant, or so full of arrogant prejudice the one thinks the one's spitting in the Ocean causes a drastic change.

http://psychoeducation.wordpress.com...ocial-science/

It is being discussed on NPR right now and is very interesting.
    Bob
    PS- If the Republicans vote to de-fund, NPR, it gives truth to claims too many Repulicans are among the self-centered twits.
    They are voting right now, I think.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    By drowning out the voice of NPR, or severing its windpipe entirely, how much more will bigger and friendlier voices to the Republicans cause be able to be heard?

How many more steps towards becoming Orwell's Oceania in "1984" would you like to take?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    I would rather have the Rev James Manning instead of the NPR
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC all seem to be able to spread the gospel of the left and not need to waste my Tax Dollars.....So why do we need NPR?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I suppose the type of people that would choose this type of vocation would generally be left of centre so it's not surprising in the least. It would be interesting if they had to start recruiting right wing members to address the imbalance through a process of positive discrimination

I should imagine that the same would happen as happens on here. The right wing, gun toting, look after themselves lot will argue tooth and nail with the looney left, bleeding heart, Daily Mail hating bunch of airy fairies and nothing ever gets resolved.

Personally, I take encouragement in being condemned by both sides. This leads me to deduce that I'm pretty central which IMHO is a balanced place to be.

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    The right wing, gun toting, look after themselves lot...
    the looney left, bleeding heart, Daily Mail hating bunch of airy fairies...
    Dare I suggest that someone sat in the centre of the political spectrum might be rather more balanced in their descriptions of either side :
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    Dare I suggest that someone sat in the centre of the political spectrum might be rather more balanced in their descriptions of either side :

Balance by it's definition must be the the centre of 2 extreems.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a friend of public radio, I'd be more interested in knowing whether or not the members of congress support NPR out of their own pockets than whether or not they're in favor of Federal Funding of it.

Realistically speaking, our government has been spending more money than it takes in for a long time and, since that can't go on indefinitely, cuts have to be made somewhere. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see whether or not they "put their money where their mouths are" or they're just interested in spending our tax $$'s to buy more votes.
    Plasma tv's are okay, but I'm holding out for whole blood. :vampire:

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC all seem to be able to spread the gospel of the left and not need to waste my Tax Dollars.....So why do we need NPR?
    CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC are all commercial entities; as such their prime motivator is the need to turn a profit for their private shareholders. That in itself is a rightist concept.

Public Broadcasting generally and Public Radio in particular isn't driven by the need to turn profits. As such, Public Broadcasters can afford to be not only far more adventurous in their content, but because they also need to be seen as independent they tend to play far less in the political-party slanging match and actually report more objectively on the issues themselves.
    Also, on the whole Public Broadcasters produce far more documentaries and educational programming than commercial stations do. It also generally is of a higher quality. So much so, that as far as radio goes, NPR is really the only American radio network that exports content.

Quote Originally Posted by billiaml
    Realistically speaking, our government has been spending more money than it takes in for a long time and, since that can't go on indefinitely, cuts have to be made somewhere. On the other hand, it would be interesting to see whether or not they "put their money where their mouths are" or they're just interested in spending our tax $$'s to buy more votes.
    NPR itself actually made $18.9 million. Oops.

The Dept of Defence, Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid are the three biggest pulls on the US Budget. All of which could be cut drastically. The US has been fighting pointless wars for the last decade.
    The other big option is to increase taxes, and to simplify the existing tax regime. Having 51 different sets of tax code doesn’t help much.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    but because they also need to be seen as independent they tend to play far less in the political-party slanging match and actually report more objectively on the issues themselves.
    Have you watched or listened to Public Television or NPR? Can you name me one news/politics show that is even middle of the road let alone Right wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Also, on the whole Public Broadcasters produce far more documentaries and educational programming than commercial stations do. It also generally is of a higher quality. So much so, that as far as radio goes, NPR is really the only American radio network that exports content.
    Really?
    I have Discovery, History Channel, History International, Science, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Green, Current and Animal Planet and they are all for profit and seem to have no problem cranking out Documentaries.