Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    I think you've hit on a good point there, Wedge. There was a time where you thought it could be faked, now you just know for sure. E.G setting a man on fire with a flamethrower was clearly done to amp up the story and raise a laugh.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I would be happy to stick with Hammond if we rewound his on screen personality back 6 years and before his accident. I just find the guy incredibly irritating at times the way their scripted on screen banter has to constantly end with a punchline and Hammond has evolved into a clown the others have to make fun of him as he pulls a sad face and looks stupid. I don't know if he's also been asked to grow his hair and wear surfer style necklaces in a vain attempt to reach out to a younger audience or not? I dread to think.

With that stuff aside I still do enjoy the odd TG all the way through. The Senna episode they did last series was very touching, along with the segment with Lewis Hamilton driving the McLaren MP4-4. Basically something needs to be done drastically and whether thats getting rid of Hammond or curbing his clown act, I don't care, but I really hope it can resurrect itself. I've been watching TG for over 20 years and 2000 to 2005 were its best years by far IMO. Lets get the spark back...
    Amen to that, I know it's sad that the accident seems to have changed Hammond, but it has and he has to go, he's just annoying now.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Anyone else thought that last nights TG was a big improvement over recent offerings? Each of the trio doing what they do best. Richard with his boyhood dream cars, Jezza in one of the best races in a while and James's piece on the moon buggy was interesting and strangely touching.

No pointless dickin' about, no fake disasters, just a car show with a bit of humour - more please.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Shame about the guest bit though, couldn't help thinking during Prezza v Jezza that both were complete dickheads

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Tried to get his point across about the M4 bus lane - it *does* actually help traffic flow!,, but failed miserably..
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    The cool wall!
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Tried to get his point across about the M4 bus lane - it *does* actually help traffic flow!,, but failed miserably..
    He was just gabbling at that point, couldn't put together a decent enough sentence to be taken seriously.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

True dat!
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    I'm disappointed the series didn't get a send off from the new McLaren (Ron Dennis to blame?) which would've flowed nicely with the 959/F40 segment. Would've preferred Jezza and Hammond driving the Ferrari and Porsche and have good moan afterwards arguing which is better.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The new McLaren has been doing quite a few laps of Dunsfold recently