Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    They haven't done any cross country races for a good while. They were always the highlight of a series but I can't recall the last one - was it Japan?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    They haven't done any cross country races for a good while. They were always the highlight of a series but I can't recall the last one - was it Japan?
    I think it was America where they all had a race to get to some TV show? I don't think it was cross country though. Could be their race to Scotland a few seasons ago. I'm not sure on this one.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Yeah they raced across Manhatten, I think.

The alst one I remember was the 1950s one, which is probably still my favourite.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I was at my cousins wedding a couple of years ago and Plato and his wife were there, and I managed to have a good old chat with Jason about motorsport, but didn't quite have the guts to tell him I though Fifth Gear was tripe lol. Seriously though its not a terrible show really, but I can't watch a full episode without getting bored. I do find myself cringing at Top Gear of late but still enjoy the format. I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Hammond (really can't stand him), keeping James and Jeremy, and hiring a female to stir up the mix.
    Why do your need a female to stir up the mix? How would that improve the show?

Hammond is fine. The three still play off each other excellently. Hammond is the weakest of the three I agree, but any replacement would almost guarantee to fail - as the three have years of chemistry.

Appointing a female presenter, purely because they are female and not male, would be a terrible decision.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    TG just doesn't help itself these days. The piece they did the other day with the combine harvester/snow plough would have been fine for a 10 minute section or whatever because it was actually a rather good idea. However, they decided to extend it with pointless cocking about, pretending to set things on fire, Hammond pretending to lose his wedding ring etc. It was elongated to the max to fill out time in the show that could be better spent elsewhere.

Jeremy also scored an own goal in that episode where he appeared very sexist and predictable with his guest....

The great races, epic road trips, interesting cheap car/construct a wierd car challenges are great when you get rid of the pretend calamities. I do wonder though If they've made it so fake that they cant go back now.

To be honest, If TG stays the way it is, I dont see it having too long left in its current format before the viewing figures drown into nothingness. It needs to change, quickly.
    Congratulations Sebastian Vettel. Champion of the season of seasons.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Top Gear may be getting stale for those who get to see it on a regular basis, but for those of us who have to search the net for bits and pieces, it isn't old yet. As for 5th gear, it is alright...if I cant find something else on. I never feel that way about Top Gear.

I do think though a change in their writers would help. I am seeing more or less some bits redone over and over......and when the hell will they come to Canada and do the Targa Newfoundland or get lost doing something fun? They have been damn near everywhere else....(and no the North Pole adventure doesn't count!)
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Top Gear for me
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Speaking of Top Gear, has anybody been following Top Gear America? I think this is their first season. How have the episodes been? Are they any good?

In fact, even Top Gear Australia, how does it fare compared to their big brother?

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    I agree with most (although it's still one of my favourite shows) that TG is getting stale, and there are clearly fewer series ahead than there are behind. My hope is that before they alienate their audience they decide to go out on a high rather than work it into the ground.
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Why do your need a female to stir up the mix? How would that improve the show?

Hammond is fine. The three still play off each other excellently. Hammond is the weakest of the three.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltimateDanGTR

The great races, epic road trips, interesting cheap car/construct a wierd car challenges are great when you get rid of the pretend calamities.
    That's where the relationship was solid, natural and genuine.

TG knows its in a rut but not sure what to do. It's become more of a Jezza show, Hammond appears to be showing more deference in the 'news' section; it wants to do comedy but ends up being stupidly OTT - it was the case that you wondered if was fake and don't mind them being a bit of an idiot but not when they've pressed the self destruct button and turned the knob to 11.