Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    There's a good article on the Guardian's website today which sums up the TG situation:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...ichard-hammond
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    ....couldn't help thinking during Prezza v Jezza that both were complete dickheads
    I managed exactly three minutes of the entire show then switched over. Two men so childishly balling (and one being utterly wrong yet getting an audience of chavs behind him as a bully tactic) isn't good TV - it's not even good street fighting

Been the same every week it's been on, a few minutes of viewing then over to a DVD or pretaped show.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skc
    The new McLaren has been doing quite a few laps of Dunsfold recently
    I coincided with their launch during test preparations end of January in Portimao... they kept getting in our way on the road surrounding the track
    United in diversity !!!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Broadly agree with that. But I do wonder if it has become dull or if we've just seen it all before? i.e. If this series were broadcast 5 years ago, would we still think the same?

I think the reality is that there's only so much "three blokes cocking about" can be, and they've done a lot of it already.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    I managed exactly three minutes of the entire show then switched over. Two men so childishly balling (and one being utterly wrong yet getting an audience of chavs behind him as a bully tactic) isn't good TV - it's not even good street fighting

Couldn't agree more. Whilst of course people have a right to disagree with Prescott, all Clarkson did was appeal to the morons in the crowd with simplistic populist views. It's like me saying "Who here hates high petrol prices? Who hates paying tax! Who here hates traffic? Who here loves puppies and kittens?" . How many people are going to disagree with that? Well you can't really.....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    At least we all know Clarkson goes home to be (at best) second in command - he's clearly led by the wife when not on TV.
    Without her, I doubt he'd be able to get his shirt over that pot belly and button it up each morning ....

By the way, I only turned the show on this week as somebody text me to say they'd said something nice about the S-type Jag. Anyone have any idea what it was? I thought they'd see it as a poor relation of real Jaguars :

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    At least we all know Clarkson goes home to be (at best) second in command - he's clearly led by the wife when not on TV.
    Without her, I doubt he'd be able to get his shirt over that pot belly and button it up each morning ....

Ummm OK....
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I agree with the Guardian article, the show has lost its way slightly. They're trying too hard to be controversial. It's only really the challenges that I remember nowadays, and the odd car test (like the Jag XJ, it's probably the closest they got to a real car test all series).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    Ummm OK....
    Remember, he got two donkies from The Donkey Sanctuary (inc Kristin Scott-Donkey), then moaned for a full series about horses and horse trailers on the roads. Hammond's wife has horses too. Clarkson goes to the ballet - hardly something he'd normally let a Top Gear audience in on. Total contradiction between TV Clarkson and Home Clarkson.

Given the choice, he'd be home watching the GP, but he's with his wife and daughter at horse shows most sundays ..... not the king of anyone's castle :

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Not getting the BBC here, have they filmed the first series post Stig?
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".