Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fifth Gear vs Top Gear

Which do you think is the best show? Personally, I like both. Top Gear I find a laugh, Fifth Gear I find is a 'proper' car show with good tests and advice.
    Whats a uni?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I find Fifth Gear to be crap compared with the majority of TV shows never mind compared with Top Gear which is one of the best.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    I find Fifth Gear to be crap compared with the majority of TV shows never mind compared with Top Gear which is one of the best.
    ^^This. If I can't sleep and there's Fifth Gear on TV, it works like the best sleeping pill. The entertainment value is almost as much as watching paint dry. Top Gear on the other hand, even though they're doing repetitive stuff, is still eons more appealing, more creative, obviously funnier, and is one of the shows that I actually look forward to.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The last couple of seasons of Fifth Gear have been pretty naff, I'll admit that. The attempts at being funny don't work. The first couple of seasons I really liked, when they didn't have a studio and just discussed motoring based news and issues
    Whats a uni?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Tbh Top Gear isn't that great anymore. Whilst I still like Top Gear it would be nice to have a proper motoring show, you know..... one that talks about cars and stuff.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anybody remember Driven on Channel 4 a couple of years ago? I think it was on after the old Top Gear was cancelled.
    Whats a uni?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Top Gear used to be like Fifth Gear is now 10 years ago, but nobody watched it and it was lucky to scrape 300,000 viewers. They also got rid of Clarkson temporarily during that period but that was one of the resons the show failed IMO. I do find Fifth Gear rather boring and believe it or not I like cars..
    I know what you mean. The problem with Top Gear is that when they deal with normal cars they don't know what to do and act all stupid (drooling dog in the Toyota iQ, Mito and Roomster test they did) and just ruin it.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I know what you mean. The problem with Top Gear is that when they deal with normal cars they don't know what to do and act all stupid (drooling dog in the Toyota iQ, Mito and Roomster test they did) and just ruin it.
    Ah come on, the "What if I get chased through a shopping mall by baddies in a Corvette" piece they did for the new Festa was quite good. Admittedly it lost it's charm for the other times that they've done it (one was in Ireland, possibly in a C2).
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barryfullalove
    Ah come on, the "What if I get chased through a shopping mall by baddies in a Corvette" piece they did for the new Festa was quite good. Admittedly it lost it's charm for the other times that they've done it (one was in Ireland, possibly in a C2).
    Tbh that was a **** piece.......

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    It's simples really. When TG is on form it's unbeatable. When FG is on form it rises to the point of averageness - and thats only when they are copying TG's ideas.
    All other opinions are wrong....