Thread: Peter Windsor

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts

Peter Windsor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hide the children! He's back.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    The shows I've seen so far have been pretty good.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    is he paying them to do this show?

all I have to say is USF1 and all the ill feelings return instantly
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

Indeed!
    I still maintain Speed was complicit in that sham!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know everyone wants to blame Peter Windsor for the US F1 saga, but it was very much Ken Anderson's micromanagement and general inability that led the team to ruin. Windsor was very much disconnected from the team (and his comments show it; he wasn't lying, he genuinely thought things were going well because, well, he didn't know what was really happening). If you talk to the people within the team, they'll say Windsor was something of a figure-head but didn't have a large enough involvement to know what was going on, while Anderson and his son were to blame for destroying the project.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

S....t I just had a panic attack!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    I know everyone wants to blame Peter Windsor for the US F1 saga, but it was very much Ken Anderson's micromanagement and general inability that led the team to ruin. Windsor was very much disconnected from the team (and his comments show it; he wasn't lying, he genuinely thought things were going well because, well, he didn't know what was really happening). If you talk to the people within the team, they'll say Windsor was something of a figure-head but didn't have a large enough involvement to know what was going on, while Anderson and his son were to blame for destroying the project.
    How about his constant lying?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mstillhere
    How about his constant lying?
    Again, he was disconnected from the team. There were times it wasn't lying as much as him being unaware of the truth. There were probably times he was just saying BS, too, for marketing purposes.

I'm not saying Windsor has no blame in the situation, but the bulk of it should not fall on him, but rather Ken Anderson. I don't claim to be an expert on it, but everything I've read/heard from actual team members has laid the majority of the blame on Anderson. He tried to control everything, and yet he designed a car so outdated and wouldn't let anyone touch it. His shortcomings and crap management skills hurt the team a lot more than a questionable comment or two from Windsor ever could have,

I realize a lot of people are angry about US F1, and want someone to take that out on, and since Windsor was the public guy for the team, he'll take the crap, while Anderson gets away with being the guy who really destroyed it internally.

This article does a good job for being one of the few ones to actually call Anderson out: http://www.racintoday.com/archives/17528

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mister
    Again, he was disconnected from the team. There were times it wasn't lying as much as him being unaware of the truth. There were probably times he was just saying BS, too, for marketing purposes.

I'm not saying Windsor has no blame in the situation, but the bulk of it should not fall on him, but rather Ken Anderson. I don't claim to be an expert on it, but everything I've read/heard from actual team members has laid the majority of the blame on Anderson. He tried to control everything, and yet he designed a car so outdated and wouldn't let anyone touch it. His shortcomings and crap management skills hurt the team a lot more than a questionable comment or two from Windsor ever could have,

I realize a lot of people are angry about US F1, and want someone to take that out on, and since Windsor was the public guy for the team, he'll take the crap, while Anderson gets away with being the guy who really destroyed it internally.

This article does a good job for being one of the few ones to actually call Anderson out: http://www.racintoday.com/archives/17528
    I am sorry but I have no sympathy for the guy. He is a liar. I am not going further discussing this thread becausue we had this discussion already and forum members posted about a trillion reasons explaining why is was supposed to be kicked out of the business. I truly hope he is going to stay out. He is not missed.