Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olympic tickets

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    Does it count as a black market if people are selling on in a perfectly legal open marketplace, such as ebay, etc? I don't really think so.
    Apparently so:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC News
    Selling tickets for the London 2012 Games without permission was first made a criminal offence by the London Olympic and Paralympic Games Act 2006, with fines of up to £5,000.
    Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12700903
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I wasn't planning to, but then again I have a mates in Islington, Finsbury Park, and Highbury so should take advantage of free accomodation lol. I did hear that tickets for the mens 100m final are expected to be around 700 quid!!!
    Probably the worst value sporting event in terms of seconds of action per pound
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Probably the worst value sporting event in terms of seconds of action per pound
    So what's the best value? You'd think the marathon, at £20 for >2 hours action, but you only get to see the runners go past you once - unlike the London Marathon there aren't thousands of amateurs following up the pack. Although perhaps there should be - it's always amusing to see a bloke in a diving bell taking six days to complete the course.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    So what's the best value? You'd think the marathon, at £20 for >2 hours action, but you only get to see the runners go past you once - unlike the London Marathon there aren't thousands of amateurs following up the pack. Although perhaps there should be - it's always amusing to see a bloke in a diving bell taking six days to complete the course.
    What would be even better than that, and what I think they should do in the London Marathon, is not start the elite athletes first, but have them battle through the fun-runners. Now that would be worth watching.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazell B
    They'll probably throw out the competitors and allow in the gypsies, is how it's been explained to me :
    all but one competitor?
    The UK's Police get security wrong far too often, something that probably won't change any time soon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you so much of your telling and i will try to bought them online and i am so much fond of olympics and this time they will be more interested games because this time they are going to held in london and i hope we all will enjoy them so much

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    So what's the best value?
    Eventing - it's a whole day of varied events if you go on the cross country day.
    Not many people here's cup of tea, though :

Of course, the chance of a member of our Royal family (or any of the other competitors) falling off in front of you makes it worth it sometimes ..... and we ARE going to win a medal
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I have been looking at olympics tickets today and think I will apply for BMX Friday 10th August to see both the semi finals and finals for women and men and Saturday 11th August for the womens cross country mountain biking. Although applying for the mens mountain biking the next day does also sound quite appealing.

I'm not going to apply until nearer the ticket deadline though as I will have more of an idea of how much money will be in my bank account if I'm successful in getting some tickets. I have read today that London 2012 will be offering a re-sale website so that if you do get tickets and don't want them you can sell them legitimately. The only prolem being that they are not launching the website until next year so you could have your money tied up in tickets you dont want for quite some time.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I think I'll save the money I would have spent on tickets and travel, and put it towards a huge BBQ and a bracket so I can have a huge TV in the gazebo

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yay! The countdown clock in Trafalgar Sq has broken. It's been running for nearly a whole day now. This is going to be great, isn't it? Oh, and the website won't accept your Visa card if it runs out in August - they say it's Visa's fault, Visa blame the website.

Can you say "brewery" and "pissup"?