Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olympic tickets

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    Can you say "brewery" and "pissup"?
    Not if you work for the Olympic organisers.
    You'd say 'prewery' and 'bissup'
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wouldn't shock me at all if the Olympic Village isn't vandalized, burned, and pillaged to some degree before the first events.
    If legislation makes you equal, you aren't.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    Wouldn't shock me at all if the Olympic Village isn't burned, and pillaged to some degree before the first events.
    Just be careful of the Danish team...
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Just be careful of the Danish team...
    Well, at least they'd be quicker than the local yobs then :

Just looked at the Eventing ticket prices. I could go to any of the established world class events and see the same competition for half the figures. Get a better view, too. Over a quarter of a million people go to Badminton Horse Trails each year and none of them pay anything like as much as the Olympic prices.

Paralympic tickets don't go on sale until September and I'm crossing my fingers they are cheaper. I'd really like to go see Lee Pearson win us another para-dressage clean sweep, even though I can get into the able-bodied Olympics for free on a pass.
    "The Jaguar's going cheap"
    "Shouldn't it be purring?" :confused:

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Food & drink and mobile phones look likely to be banned from the arenas:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...be-banned.html

Do one, Olympics. I'm not paying stupid money for a bottle of water in the middle of August, nor paying inflated prices for crappy food when I can make a bag of sandwiches for a couple of quid. And I'm not travelling into the capital without a mobile phone.

Utterly stupid.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Food and Drink I can appreciate, as they want to maximise the profits from the overprices outlets there. But mobile phones? No way, that'll never work. I'm not going to go out without my mobile, especially not in a busy place like that, and nor am I going to hand it in at a desk.

To be fair they do say "The mobile phone ban is likely to be enforced only in venues where silence is required during the event, such as gymnastics and archery."

However they have the same issue at Wimbledon and they manage it through signage and frequent announcements, even thought there's usually one mobile that goes off during the match!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Food and Drink I can appreciate, as they want to maximise the profits from the overprices outlets there.
    It's worth pointing out that Coca Cola and McDonalds are amongst the sponsors of this sporting event.

To be fair they do say "The mobile phone ban is likely to be enforced only in venues where silence is required during the event, such as gymnastics and archery."
    What happens at the cinema, a concert, the opera, a comedy show, the theatre, or the many other non-Olympic sporting events? They seem to manage alright.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    But you haven't work and trained hard for four years when your at the cinema, comedy show or the theatre. I for one would be pretty peeved if my chance at a medal was ruined by some moron on the phone to his mate 'yeah, I'm on the right hand side....yeah....right next to the McDonalds sign...'
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GridGirl
    But you haven't work and trained hard for four years when your at the cinema, comedy show or the theatre. I for one would be pretty peeved if my chance at a medal was ruined by some moron on the phone to his mate 'yeah, I'm on the right hand side....yeah....right next to the McDonalds sign...'
    True, but now imagine your lifelong ambition was to make it to the final of the World Snooker Championship. They somehow seem to cope with people putting their phones on silent. Yes you get the very rare exception but it's no worse than somebody coughing or sneezing.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Dave, I can see your point but a Snooker world final is the first to 17 (or 19?) frames compared to say 90 seconds gymnastics. You could have taken or missed lots of good chances during a match to take the title. I dont quite think that it is comparable to working hard for something that will be over and done with in less than 2 minutes. Also, the setting and mentality of the fans is also quite different in Snooker compared to many other sports.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p