Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29
    Is it me or does the Toro Rosso look very quick this year? Especially Alguersuari. I know testing doesn't mean much, but this could be a good season for them perhaps. Does anyone have any info on their long runs, or are all their fast laps just showbaoting?
    Given that last year's pole was 1:19.995, I wouldn't say that anyone looks particularly fast at this stage. Alguersuari clocked an 1:25.698, which isn't particularly impressive, and there is no way to know how much fuel was anyone carrying. Kobayashi was a few hundredths of a second faster, and I truly doubt that it's significant either.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13
    Given that last year's pole was 1:19.995, I wouldn't say that anyone looks particularly fast at this stage. Alguersuari clocked an 1:25.698, which isn't particularly impressive, and there is no way to know how much fuel was anyone carrying. Kobayashi was a few hundredths of a second faster, and I truly doubt that it's significant either.
    I meant throughout the winter testing rather than simply today, but point taken.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Liuizzi is going to test for HRT tomorrow. I'm guessing he has some $$$ from his Force India contract severance and will get the drive.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    It's odd how slow they all are. Pole last year was around 8 tenths faster than the fastest pre-season lap so to see them 5 seconds off the boil is puzzling - are the P's that slow in comparison to the Bridgestones or is everyone playing close to their chest?
    All other opinions are wrong....

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic
    It's odd how slow they all are. Pole last year was around 8 tenths faster than the fastest pre-season lap so to see them 5 seconds off the boil is puzzling - are the P's that slow in comparison to the Bridgestones or is everyone playing close to their chest?
    The Pirellis are much slower than the Bridgestones -a few seconds per lap, which is a big deal-, but keep in mind that this is the first day of testing, and it's not even the last pre-season test. From what we've seen so far, the best times are usually clocked in the last day of testing.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I wonder how much difference the loss of the double diffusers has made.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The reason I think they were slower today, was probably because the track was damp from yesterday, and all the rubber that would have been there from before was probably eroded from the rain yesterday, so I wouldn't worry about their times till Barcelona qualy.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Sebastian Vettel says he’s surprised by how much the new F1 rules have slowed this year’s cars down. The combination of reduced downforce due to the double-diffuser ban, increased weight and switch to Pirelli tyres has increased lap times.

Vettel said: “I think if anyone in the pit lane has a better car than we did at the end of last season, then for sure we have a problem.
    http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/02/1...han-last-year/
    May the forza be with you

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    and that's why I am glad Hamilton is one of their drivers, Even with a tougher car, he seems to drag it to the top with a bit of help. Last year the car was easily 3rd best on most tracks and he still manged to do well. Button has also proven to be a solid asset as well. I am happy with these two drivers.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    its a shame about no ins season testing. I bet you it is cheaper and more effective than running super expensive computers. Not to mention that the lesser teams are at a disadvantage now.
    you can't argue with results.