Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe its that way of thinking is the reason Heidfeld and many others have never won... Really I think it's a stupid thing to say, imagine how the team feels reading that. Heidfeld is a nice guy but I think like so many other drivers doesn't have the drive and passion required to become champion. Who cares if the car is not "quite" as good as RBR, surely it's not that far off, push the damn thing! The guys in the old days seemed to push more, then again more of them died or had serious injuries... But for instance watch old videos of Keke Rosberg he pushed a slower car to compete for wins on a regular basis. Also lets remember Alonso in the Renault back in 2003-2004 when that car was nothing special but he managed some wins and the car and team developed to win 2 WDC in 05 06.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    MacLaren needs to find moore downforce (grip) out of slow and fast corners and moore stability when braking.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Renault has been very highly hyped, but I don't think this car was ever going to be quite good enough to really win the WDC. If it is as good as it has seemed so far, perhaps we can see a few podiums by Nick. Kubica achieved three podiums in 2010, which should have been four (Japan). Maybe some more now if the team can retain high development pace throughout the season.

I am wondering about Williams and Toro Rosso, both have seemed quite impressive and may actually trouble some underperforming top teams, like McLaren and especially Mercedes. Williams was quite quick in qualifying trim already at the end of 2010, so that wouldn't be a surprise if they can get Top6 grid slots, but I suspect they are going to drop backwards in races again. STR? Been more impressive than I would have expected (which was behind all established teams and maybe Lotus), but perhaps not quite as good as they have seemed in testing. Minor points in races are a possibility though, like also in Sauber's case.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    If Jenson can manage the tires it looking good for him compared to Lew.

Liked 19 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01
    If Jenson can manage the tires it looking good for him compared to Lew.
    Right - the only thing Jenson is going to be doing is admiring himself in Lew's rear view mirror.
    Obama to Biden - "Let the Welfare checks rain upon the Earth - I am going to a barbecue"

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roamy
    Right - the only thing Jenson is going to be doing is admiring himself in Lew's rear view mirror.
    Not a Jensen fan by any stretch, but one thing Button has proven beyond doubt is his ability to manage his tires under difficult situations. He's clearly superior to Lewis in this regard, although Hamilton is better overall.

With the Pirellis (at the moment) seeming inconsistent, and apt to change a car's characteristics over a fuel run, it looks like tire management may be key this season. JB could spring a surprise.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Sauber adjustable rear wing video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edEx4nXdIlY
    May the forza be with you